UFC signs top lightweight prospect Gregor Gillespie

MMAddict21

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Excellent signing by the UFC. ROC Lightweight champion, 7-0 and is a 2007 NCAA D-1 Wrestling Champion. Hope to see him do big things. Debuting against Joachim Silva.

Also added to the Brasilia card is Gilbert Burns vs. Michel Prazeres

Great signing! Silva is fucked.

With that first name I dub him mini mountain.

http://www.olimpomma.com/exclusivo-ultimas-duas-lutas-fecham-card-do-ufc-brasilia/

Translated from Brazilian Portuguese to English

Last two fights close card UFC Brasilia

UFC Fight Night 95 has won his last two fights to the card this morning. According to sources close to the organization confirmed exclusively to Olympus MMA, Brasília will receive two more fights in the category of light between Gilbert "Durinho" Burns against Michel "Tractor" Pleasures and Joaquim "Netto BJJ" Silva against American rookie Gregor Gillespie.

Gilbert Durinho seeks second straight win in the UFC. The expert grappling comes from a victory over Polish Lukasz Sajewski at UFC Fight Night 90. He faces the paraense Michel tractor, which comes from two consecutive victories over Valmir Bidu and JC Cottrell.

Netto BJJ try the third straight win in the UFC. Since its debut, the athlete evolution Thai managed two consecutive wins against Nazareno Malegarie and Andrew Holbrook. His opponent is the talented American Gregor Gillespie hired as one of the top prospects in the division.

UFC Fight Night 95 will be held on September 24 at the Nilson Nelson Gymnasium in Brasilia, Federal District.

Check out the card:

WCW (140 lb) bout: Cris Cyborg vs. Lina Lansberg
FW bout: Renan Barao vs. Phillipe Nover
HW bout: Roy Nelson vs. Antonio Silva
LW bout: Paul Felder vs. Francisco Trinaldo
BW bout: Rani Yahya vs. Michinori Tanaka
LW bout: Michel Prazeres vs. Gilbert Burns
FLW bout: Jussier Formiga vs. Dustin Ortiz
FW bout: Renato Moicacno vs. Mike De La Torre
WW bout: Erick Silva vs. Brandon Thatch
WW bout: Luan Chagas vs. Shinsho Anzai
LW bout: Alan Patrick vs. Steven Ray
LW bout: Joaquim Silva vs. Gregor Gillespie
WW bout: Vicente Luque vs. Hector Urbina

I have not seen a source confirming the addition of Nelson/Bigfoot Silva, but this Brazilian site has been correct breaking all the news on this event so far.

Damn, Long Island MMA has really become a place to churn out top notch fighters. Gillespie is a bad man.

Excellent signing by the UFC. ROC Lightweight champion, 7-0 and is a 2007 NCAA D-1 Wrestling Champion. Hope to see him do big things. Debuting against Joachim Silva.

Also added to the Brasilia card is Gilbert Burns vs. Michel Prazeres

Great signing. Just sucks that a guy is still considered a "prospect" at 30. Would it be against NCAA rules for wrestlers to take pro mma fights while they're still wrestling? Would be nice if that was allowed, you could have guys training mma during the wrestling off season. That way when they finish college they're already seasoned vets

Guy sounds like a real BadAss...I wonder if he's related to Dizzy Gillespie...

Lando Vannata was already signed?

lol but really but good to see Gillespie in.

Good fight, both him and Silva are great prospects. Gregor won't want to stand with him though, unless he wants to end up like Hoolbrook. Interested in seeing whether he'll embrace the grind like most wrestlers or if he'll always be on the offensive on the ground.

http://www.olimpomma.com/exclusivo-ultimas-duas-lutas-fecham-card-do-ufc-brasilia/

UFC Fight Night 95 has won his last two fights to the card this morning. According to sources close to the organization confirmed exclusively to Olympus MMA, Brasília will receive two more fights in the category of light between Gilbert "Durinho" Burns against Michel "Tractor" Pleasures and Joaquim "Netto BJJ" Silva against American rookie Gregor Gillespie.

Gilbert Durinho seeks second straight win in the UFC. The expert grappling comes from a victory over Polish Lukasz Sajewski at UFC Fight Night 90. He faces the paraense Michel tractor, which comes from two consecutive victories over Valmir Bidu and JC Cottrell.

Netto BJJ try the third straight win in the UFC. Since its debut, the athlete evolution Thai managed two consecutive wins against Nazareno Malegarie and Andrew Holbrook. His opponent is the talented American Gregor Gillespie hired as one of the top prospects in the division.

UFC Fight Night 95 will be held on September 24 at the Nilson Nelson Gymnasium in Brasilia, Federal District.

Check out the card:

I have not seen a source confirming the addition of Nelson/Bigfoot Silva, but this Brazilian site has been correct breaking all the news on this event so far.
It isn't bad, but I thought we'd get a better Main and Co-Main

Check out the card:

Pleasures.... ha!

Very happy with this signing! Joaquim is no joke though, but Gregor is a beastly prospect.

Hopefully Burns puts the skids on Prazeres' ambitions of the most forgettable winning streak in recent memory.

Been watching Gillespie wrestle since high school. The guy was an enormously talented wrestler with an amazing blast double.

Really glad he's made the transition to MMA.

Good signing, I missed this the other night. I wish I could find a video of Gregors last victory, a split decision over Sidney Outlaw, but Ring of Cage still wants me to pay $20 to watch an old fight.

I'm glad he got the Sydney fight out of his system before taking the step up if he indeed looked by vs Outlaw. Look forward to watching him though.

they probably said the same thing about sage

lmao

every time someone new signs to the UFC I get this weird feeling about how they've kinda gone their whole career without random USADA testing and are now in deep water as far as testing protocol

Back