UFC Signs Last Man To Defeat Conor McGregor

I bet Conor is already begging Dana to protect him from this guy

giphy.gif

He has as much of a chance now against Connor as Joaquim Ferreira against JDS.

What? Duffy is actually legit. I'm not saying he's a prospect worthy of facing McGregor right now, being in a different weight class and all but he certainly can threaten Conor just as much as he did in the past.

Dude has a solid toolkit that consists of sharp, technical combination boxing with lots of level changes and lateral movement. In the clinch he's got all kinds of dirty boxing skills including those nasty Jones style slipping elbows and knees to the body in addition to a well-developed set of different trips and footsweep style takedowns.

On the ground, he can be a bit overaggressive with his submission attempts when he does decide to go for them, but mostly he utilizes positional advantage, keeps his base nice and solid and scores some decent ground and pound.

I don't really see why Duffy vs McGregor would be comparable to Joaquim Ferreira vs JDS when Duffy is coming off of 2 incredibly impressive comeback fights after a 3 year hiatus from MMA and has shown that he atleast had the potential to give McGregor some fits, which is more than what you can say about all the other possible opponents for Conor.

Here's Duffy's last fight against French veteran Julien Boussuge (10-3 at the time) that lasted 36 seconds in total.

I'm almost positive I heard Conor say he wants that rematch down the road. I couldn't find the source, but I'm 99% he said it.

But yeah, he'd have to move up to LW or Duffy go down to FW.

First of all, Junior had that rematch 6 months later and already won. Second, Ferreira isn't some up and coming prospect with more than 90% finish ratio. Third, Ferreira is a LHW now so he's not bigger than Junior.

Duffy's got way more upside, is only 26 years old and out of 12 wins only 1 is a decision. Plus he's bigger than Conor.

Way better chance.

What? Duffy is actually legit. I'm not saying he's a prospect worthy of facing McGregor right now, being in a different weight class and all but he certainly can threaten Conor just as much as he did in the past.

Dude has a solid toolkit that consists of sharp, technical combination boxing with lots of level changes and lateral movement. In the clinch he's got all kinds of dirty boxing skills including those nasty Jones style slipping elbows and knees to the body in addition to a well-developed set of different trips and footsweep style takedowns.

On the ground, he can be a bit overaggressive with his submission attempts when he does decide to go for them, but mostly he utilizes positional advantage, keeps his base nice and solid and scores some decent ground and pound.

I don't really see why Duffy vs McGregor would be comparable to Joaquim Ferreira vs JDS when Duffy is coming off of 2 incredibly impressive comeback fights after a 3 year hiatus from MMA and has shown that he atleast had the potential to give McGregor some fits, which is more than what you can say about all the other possible opponents for Conor.

Here's Duffy's last fight against French veteran Julien Boussuge (10-3 at the time) that lasted 36 seconds in total.

That's way better than my reply to the same guy. Nice job on the breakdown.

That's way better than my reply to the same guy. Nice job on the breakdown.

Thanks. Duffy is a truly interesting prospect and I just think it's a shame if all of these people end up thinking he only got signed because of some fabricated drama with Conor McGregor, so Conor can "avenge" his "biggest regret" or some shit. The thread title is really dramatic atleast. :icon_chee

Big signing, he also holds a win over Norman Parke.

Could be a future top 10 for sure.

Back