UFC Should Target Anderson Silva vs. Georges St-Pierre for 2016 Superbowl Card

GSP isn't fighting right now because of the PED landscape in MMA.

For him to end his hiatus and fight a 3-4 time convicted PED user would be hypocritical. It would go against the strong stance he's had for the last several years by putting the spotlight on a known cheater.

How the hell is Anderson a 3 or 4 time convicted PED user??

That aside, GSP's stance was that he wanted stricter testing. He has stricter testing in place. Is he free to choose not to fight people who have used PEDs? Sure. But if he doesn't want to limit his opponents in that regard, I won't call him a hypocrite.

I don't feel like GSP is obligated to avoid potentially more dangerous matchups for himself in order to keep his integrity. All he has to do is not engage in the things he said he was trying to remove from the sport.

Right, GSP fight a known roider. It was hard enough for him to want to fight other fighters whom he suspected use roids or drugs, so wanting to fight a proven roider is tough.

I don't think any of GSP opponents would suspect him of being clean.

I thought it was standard policy here to disregard anything Dana says as lies?

That fight was 2-2 with one very close round the decider. You could argue for either guy or for a draw.

"WTF Worst decision ever" - Carlos Condit

"What a joke. A fucking joke. NASC should be disgusted." - Michael Chiesa

"Wow that is garbage. Johnny Hendricks won that fight. " - Jamie Varner

"One guy looked like he got ran over by a big rig. The other guy looked like he went for a jog. Bad decision." - Tim Kennedy

"So I guess that maks me undefeated, undisputed champion of the welterweight
division." - Ben Askren

"The 20th anniversary of the UFC is tainted by the worst decision in the history of the sport. F'ing clowns." - Pat Miletich

Here is a link if you want to read how most fighters felt about that decision. It was an awful decision.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/11/...core-controversial-georges-st-pierre-vs-johny

201_gsp.0.jpg

GSP is retired, and from a recent interview, it sounds like he contractually cannot wear Reebok.

I thought it was standard policy here to disregard anything Dana says as lies?

That fight was 2-2 with one very close round the decider. You could argue for either guy or for a draw.

For someone so involved in fighting, he really doesn't seem to understand how fights work.

When he opens his mouth, I hear promotion, not truth.

I have zero interest in this fight anymore. It didn't happen back in 2010/2011, it won't happen now.

The exact quote made of Mayweather-Pacquiao

i wouldn't not watch this fight, but who really cares now? anderson is way past his prime, and gsp retired.

"WTF Worst decision ever" - Carlos Condit

"What a joke. A fucking joke. NASC should be disgusted." - Michael Chiesa

"Wow that is garbage. Johnny Hendricks won that fight. " - Jamie Varner

"One guy looked like he got ran over by a big rig. The other guy looked like he went for a jog. Bad decision." - Tim Kennedy

"So I guess that maks me undefeated, undisputed champion of the welterweight
division." - Ben Askren

"The 20th anniversary of the UFC is tainted by the worst decision in the history of the sport. F'ing clowns." - Pat Miletich

Here is a link if you want to read how most fighters felt about that decision. It was an awful decision.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/11/...core-controversial-georges-st-pierre-vs-johny

201_gsp.0.jpg

Fighters are rarely the ones who are to be trusted regarding decisions.

The entire fight comes down to how you judged the first round, because that's how it works. The other four rounds were split clearly.

The first round was incredibly close.

If the judges had given Hendricks the first, I would not have complained. I also understand how they gave it to GSP. Based on the scoring system, the fight should probably have been a draw, because the first round was, in my opinion, 10-10.

I'm a GSP fan and loved how he fought his heart out until the final buzzer. Heart of a champion.

I also think prime GSP would have steamrolled Hendricks, and I also think that should be obvious.

Why do people refer to it as a superbowl card? It has nothing to do with the superbowl. Come up with a more original name.

yes, Anderson caught cheating so lets reward him with a multi million dollar fight. yea, great example.

How the hell is Anderson a 3 or 4 time convicted PED user??

3 substances once. 2 substances the other time. that's 5x :icon_chee

The former middleweight champion tested positive for Oxazepam and Temazepam in a post-fight urine test administered on Jan. 31. Oxazepam is used to relieve anxiety, while Temazepam is an anti-insomnia medication. In addition,

Nope

GSP isn't returning
Fight makes no sense now
And ufc can't make superfights

What part of Georges doesn't want any part of Anderson do you not understand TS? He's not accepting the fight, he's scared. Move on.

Silva doesn't deserve to fight GSP.

Silva should fight Sonnen again since they are both steroid users.

Back