UFC should get rid of 170 lbs division and have every one separated by 10 lbs up to HW...

I think it would be smart to get rid of 170 and have 165, 175 and 195 added. Leave HW the same for the spectacle. That would be more like boxing, 125 - 205 and HW. Fighters could then move around more and it would allow for more super fights and fighters holding multiple titles at the same time.

Thoughts?

Lmao, the heavier divisions are already weak as is. There doesn't need to be another division in between them.

Lower LHW to push more bigger guys to HW. 195-200ish
Lower MW to push more bigger guys to LHW. 180ish.
Lower WW to push more bigger guys to MW. 168ish.
etc.

FW/LW/WW are stacked enough to make 5 competitive divisions on their own. There is no reason they can't shift more talent to MW, and still make another division and not make all the divisions still very competitive.

FLY doesn't need to be cut either, it just needs to be raised. BW has a ton of talent too that can go to FLY if it's raised to something like 130.

Sounds great but how many times could a champ defend his belt against #1 contenders when they hold two or possibly even three belts? 155-175 could end up having one champion. Seems like a recipe for much more hold-up on divisions.

Look how fast they stripped DC of his belt. I think only Conor will be allowed to hold two belts at once moving forward. Although it is possible that they only did it to give Jones the belt again so we'll see.

Look how fast they stripped DC of his belt. I think only Conor will be allowed to hold two belts at once moving forward. Although it is possible that they only did it to give Jones the belt again so we'll see.
I believe they let him hold the two belts because of the upcoming boxing match. The UFC makes money off that and it was a selling point.

???

No one could even make it to the fight. Why strip Conor just to leave the belt vacant?

DC more than likely has no plans to defend the belt ever again.

I believe they let him hold the two belts because of the upcoming boxing match. The UFC makes money off that and it was a selling point.

That's the point - they let conor keep the belt even though he left the freaking sport. DC just wanted to defend the HW belt next and they stripped him as soon as JJ was avail. Look at how long Conor held that belt without a defense before he was stripped.

Back