UFC should create a film studio much like WWE did.

13 others

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The idea being that UFC actors would star in the films with well known Hollywood actors while the UFC partners with other studios to keep the films cheap.

I think UFC would find some big success with their films while creating UFC superstars from their mainstream exposure. The perfect fighter to star in the UFCs first film would be Stipe. Hes the baddest man on the plant right now as the HW champ and casual dont really care about him. This would sky rocket his popularity with a blockbuster film.

The film could be about a 60 year old retired firefighter (stipe) whose wife died from a car accident. He's a shell of his former self and his only daughter hates his guts and vows to never talk to him again. He has just been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and has 1 month to live. Hes decides he wants to do good in this world and tunes into a police radio station to listen for house fire calls. Everytime he hears a call he races to the scene and runs into the burning houses with no equipment or gear because his lungs have cancer and he doesn't care about his health anymore. He saves 3 families from 3 different house fires over a month and eventually dies in hospital from his cancer. But a final twist in the movie reveals that a doctor made a mistake at the beginning and diagnosed stipe with cancer when he didnt actually have it. Thus meaning he actually died from the house smoke and not the fake cancer but we see throughout the film that it was the best thing that ever happened to stipe because he was truly happy saving those families and being the hero firefighter he once was. The end.

So it doesnt have to be exactly that script but it could be something that resonates with people and move a ufc star into the mainstream. Then next time stipe fights theyll say "hey remember that actor in that good movie? Well he fighting tonight, let's give it a watch"

There are other potentially great movies that UFC fighters could star in.

The difference is that the WWE is full of actors and the UFC is full of meat heads.

How about a movie where Cejudo is a Jr. High wrestling coach, who teaches his kids (most of whom tower over Henry) how to channel their inner cringe. They realize training their cringe is just as important as training their wrestling skills. It's a heartwarming story for the whole family, "School of Cringe". I envision a side gag where Henry takes the kids to an amusement park and he ends up being the only one who can't ride the roller coasters, shit like that.

It's a proven formula...Bad News Bears, The Mighty Ducks, School of Rock, etc.

great idea. we need a sequel to Never Surrender

The idea being that UFC actors would star in the films with well known Hollywood actors while the UFC partners with other studios to keep the films cheap.

I think UFC would find some big success with their films while creating UFC superstars from their mainstream exposure. The perfect fighter to star in the UFCs first film would be Stipe. Hes the baddest man on the plant right now as the HW champ and casual dont really care about him. This would sky rocket his popularity with a blockbuster film.

The film could be about a 60 year old retired firefighter (stipe) whose wife died from a car accident. He's a shell of his former self and his only daughter hates his guts and vows to never talk to him again. He has just been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and has 1 month to live. Hes decides he wants to do good in this world and tunes into a police radio station to listen for house fire calls. Everytime he hears a call he races to the scene and runs into the burning houses with no equipment or gear because his lungs have cancer and he doesn't care about his health anymore. He saves 3 families from 3 different house fires over a month and eventually dies in hospital from his cancer. But a final twist in the movie reveals that a doctor made a mistake at the beginning and diagnosed stipe with cancer when he didnt actually have it. Thus meaning he actually died from the house smoke and not the fake cancer but we see throughout the film that it was the best thing that ever happened to stipe because he was truly happy saving those families and being the hero firefighter he once was. The end.

So it doesnt have to be exactly that script but it could be something that resonates with people and move a ufc star into the mainstream. Then next time stipe fights theyll say "hey remember that actor in that good movie? Well he fighting tonight, let's give it a watch"

There are other potentially great movies that UFC fighters could star in.
If you made that up you are brilliant.

If they ever successfully made a "creative wing," Sher-spiracy theorists would combust spontaneously lol

They just can't even

We need TS to go away

...The perfect fighter to star in the UFCs first film would be Stipe...

Is this going to be a silent film?

...The film could be about a 60 year old retired firefighter (stipe) whose wife died from a car accident. He's a shell of his former self and his only daughter hates his guts and vows to never talk to him again...
0786936197594_p0_v2_s550x406.jpg X 220px-War_of_the_Worlds_2005_poster.jpg

...He has just been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and has 1 month to live...Everytime he hears a call he races to the scene and runs into the burning houses with no equipment or gear because his lungs have cancer and he doesn't care about his health anymore...
Breaking_Bad_title_card.png X MV5BZTFjOWVkNjUtYTdkOC00MGQ5LWI5OTQtMTIyYzQwN2UzMDgzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3NzU2MTQ@._V1_.jpg

...But a final twist in the movie reveals that a doctor made a mistake at the beginning and diagnosed stipe with cancer when he didnt actually have it...
images.jpg

im still waiting for the benoit doco/movie.

im still waiting for the benoit doco/movie.

DX calls Chris Benoit a murderer on RAW

That'd be both a fascinating, yet profoundly disturbing film.

His snap suplexes were masterclass, that's all I'll say on the Chris's behalf.
He's still my boy
<StillMyBoy>

Stipe is so uninteresting they might actually give him an Oscar out of pity. Especially if they think that Croatia's in Africa

If they ever successfully made a "creative wing," Sher-spiracy theorists would combust spontaneously lol

They just can't even
The owner of the UFC is the world’s premier manager of script writers.

DX calls Chris Benoit a murderer on RAW

That'd be both a fascinating, yet profoundly disturbing film.

His snap suplexes were masterclass, that's all I'll say on the Chris's behalf.
He's still my boy
<StillMyBoy>

damn that video... brutal! made me lol.

i am not downplayng anything benoit did, but both him and eddie were two of my favs and ill always be fans of them.

I'm all for it. We need a 23 film arc and extended universe about Rich Franklin's cyborg android sodlier.

The only person that would be in all the movies is Dana White. MMA by nature is too fickle with the star building. You get into rigged territory if you try to ride a fighter's fame for too long.

Stipe is so uninteresting they might actually give him an Oscar out of pity. Especially if they think that Croatia's in Africa
It's the way he still cleans toilets at the firehouse. I get it he's still a regular guy even as the world champ, it's a nice juxtaposition.
But they're corny for letting him be photographed with a plunger and a dumb grin.
While the other 6 men just roll with it. What kinda man wouldn't shake his hand and tell him the bathrooms no longer his station? lol
It's not endearing imo, it's condescending.

Back