UFC should be pushing more celebrities to fight

Celebrity deathmatch was claymation.

Think if Allen Iverson was broke and desperate and willing to step in the cage to fight CM Punk for $1,000,000. But we have CM Punk fighting Mike Jackson 0-1 instead
I would pay for Agassi-Sampras. Clay or not.

That is the last thing they need on events.

If they want to start some odd ball TV program like TUF with celebrities and the winner gets some big cash payout or for charity, fine. But we don't need it on PPV's any other event.

I'm just saying, guys like anthony joshua and other stars can fight mma and so can A level soccer players and Football Basketball Hockey Curling w/e

why would a nba player who makes up to 35 mill fight for 100k

A level celebs would make tens of millions from PPV sales per fight. It would be entirely worth their money.

For example LeBron James would easily sell 5 million PPVs and at that level, he can make more than what Conor got in the Floyd fight which means 100+ million. Why wouldn't he do it?

Saying LeBron would make 100k in MMA is ridiculous. Even MM gets paid way more than 100k.

but when lbj makes 150 million a year why fight for 100k.

so who the Floyd that sell a fight vs lbj. the money conor made was all about Floyd not conor.

Many athletes from all sports want to think they can kick ass like a top UFC fighter. I think the UFC should try to employ a strategy of getting more A level athletes for lucrative contracts. Conor and Floyd made more in 1 fight than a lot of A level elite athletes make in a career. Phil Brooks is a celebrity but not a good athlete.

I’d like to see Ibrahimovic fight John Terry for instance

Ban this casual mother fucker..wtf hell no..i dont want to see soccer players fight..i want to see fighters..i want to see fighters make more then soccer players not rich soccer players fighting.

Many athletes from all sports want to think they can kick ass like a top UFC fighter. I think the UFC should try to employ a strategy of getting more A level athletes for lucrative contracts. Conor and Floyd made more in 1 fight than a lot of A level elite athletes make in a career. Phil Brooks is a celebrity but not a good athlete.

I’d like to see Ibrahimovic fight John Terry for instance

100% agree, and can’t even believe people disagree.

You take every fuckin wmma and flyweight fight and replace it with 2 former NFL players or rappers with beef. It can just be the first fight on the prelims or main card.

Honestly can’t believe people would rather see 2 CrossFit moms over something like Chad Ocho Cinco vs Darell Revis.

Ocho Cinco was just on Couples Therapy with his mom on VH1. Pretty sure him and TO would bang for a million dollars.

but when lbj makes 150 million a year why fight for 100k.

so who the Floyd that sell a fight vs lbj. the money conor made was all about Floyd not conor.

LBJ is not fighting for 100k, what drugs on you on? LBJ's pay would be 100 million at a minimum.. That's significant money for him or any athlete.

And no, May Mac is about both of them. Floyd's last fight before Conor was vs. Berto and it didn't even break 500K. Floyd alone doesn't come anywhere close to 4.5 million, he needs a good dance partner. LBJ is more famous than both Floyd and Conor, and he would sell more just by himself. If Conor got paid 100+ million, Lebron would at a bare minimum get paid more than that for 1 fight. Why wouldn't he do that?

I think the UFC should be pushing more champions to fight legitimate contenders.

Too late, they already showcase unskilled fighters on PPV cards. It’s called WMMA.

There is no doubt when Danny Bonadouchebag hears about this he will be calling DFW within 30 seconds.

LBJ is not fighting for 100k, what drugs on you on? LBJ's pay would be 100 million at a minimum.. That's significant money for him or any athlete.

And no, May Mac is about both of them. Floyd's last fight before Conor was vs. Berto and it didn't even break 500K. Floyd alone doesn't come anywhere close to 4.5 million, he needs a good dance partner. LBJ is more famous than both Floyd and Conor, and he would sell more just by himself. If Conor got paid 100+ million, Lebron would at a bare minimum get paid more than that for 1 fight. Why wouldn't he do that?

Lebron is obviously a bad example just cuz he already has a billion dollars and has no known vices to blow it with.

But take someone like Allen Iverson or Tim Tebow, who either blew their money, or never made that much relative to their fame. And there’s no reason they shouldn’t fight for 5 million+ in a one-off like CM Punk.

I'd be fine with one celebrity grudge match on each card. There's tons of such match ups I'd love to see. Also, Trump vs Kim would be the highest grossing PPV in history

Lebron is obviously a bad example just cuz he already has a billion dollars and has no known vices to blow it with.

But take someone like Allen Iverson or Tim Tebow, who either blew their money, or never made that much relative to their fame. And there’s no reason they shouldn’t fight for 5 million+ in a one-off like CM Punk.

LeBron is no different. He's just a Tim Tebow at a much higher level. He's about as big as stars get in the US, a card with him on would sell 4+ million PPVs from the novelty factor alone, and at that level he could easily get well over 100 million. Forbes listed him as worth 275 million in 2016, he's probably worth around Dana White's level now (400 million), and 100 million to LBJ is a significant amount of money.

These one off fights would benefit most celebs, unless if you're sitting on billions, which most celebrities arent.

LeBron is no different. He's just a Tim Tebow at a much higher level. He's about as big as stars get in the US, a card with him on would sell 4+ million PPVs from the novelty factor alone, and at that level he could easily get well over 100 million. Forbes listed him as worth 275 million in 2016, he's probably worth around Dana White's level now (400 million), and 100 million to LBJ is a significant amount of money.

These one off fights would benefit most celebs, unless if you're sitting on billions, which most celebrities arent.

Ya, you're right. The reality is any of them could grab 20-25% of their net worth in one night if they played it right. And that's a lot to anyone.

And to the people who say, ya but then you have to get your ass kicked... They obviously have no idea what the off season consists of when you're trying to stay at that level. I'd rather just get beat up once.

100% agree, and can’t even believe people disagree.

You take every fuckin wmma and flyweight fight and replace it with 2 former NFL players or rappers with beef. It can just be the first fight on the prelims or main card.

Honestly can’t believe people would rather see 2 CrossFit moms over something like Chad Ocho Cinco vs Darell Revis.

Ocho Cinco was just on Couples Therapy with his mom on VH1. Pretty sure him and TO would bang for a million dollars.
Well said. I’d rather see less trained A level athletes rather than “CrossFit” moms like you said.

It'd bring views. UFC is always looking to bring in "casuals". Justin Bieber vs anyone would probably do 2 million ppv's.

barry-williams-danny-bonaduce-bigfoot-syfy.jpg

I like it but with modified rules.

i believe that qualifies as the Bad Idea Of The Day.

Back