UFC should award 3 fight a year or more bonus

For champs yes. For non champions i say a 4 fight a year bonus.

On an off topic note i am on my phone right now so i cant see, but do i have dubs?

no, are you asking because you can't access stuff you normally can? if so it's the same for everybody and the mods say it will be sorted soon.

ON TS topic, on your third fight you should get 2 times your show/win money.

That's actually not a bad idea. I guess it would depend on the echleon of the fighter.

If it's a gatekeeper, I would give them maybe $500,000, Main event fighters like GSP, AS, JBJ, JDS, I would give them a million

Yes, fighters would love me if I was Dana

too muc. but about 50-100k bonus would be great

Not fair to fighters that who by luck of the draw fight January, June, and December compared to those that fight in April then October and then the year is up.

The rate of pay increases for fighters each time they fight in UFC so the more fights they have in the UFC, the higher their rate of pay, and this in a sense is their bonus for opting to fight more often.

It makes sense to reward fighters that fight 3 or more times a year. Make it significant too. Any ideas on how much ?

Just no. Dana already rewards fighters on doing their jobs well.

Pretty sure most UFC fighters would love to fight more than twice a year, it's only when you've got top guys who are making decent money and the stakes are high that pulling out of fights has been a big problem.

The reason for the reward is I believe some of these guys are carousing instead of training. They've got a little money and they start partying and banging chicks. Then they get hurt in training or say they get hurt.

I'm not so sure that would work. Fighters do not exactly get to choose how many fights they have per year. They rely on Joe Silva & Co. to call them up and schedule them for a fight - and then respond with a simple yes or no. If there are no card openings for future fight cards, then they can't fight. I am sure most fighters want to fight 3+ times per year to get the show money, but few actually do because there just aren't enough events to put them on. So essentially fighters who already fight 3+ times per year are the 'lucky ones' for having been chosen by the UFC that frequently. It wouldn't make sense to reward them further for fighting multiple times per year because the fighters themselves did not have much to do with it.

so how about the fighters who are willing to fight 3 times a year but just don't get used?

I personally believe that it would make fighter not wang to take risks in the cage. Most hard battles are met with long suspensions from the AC. So someone like Shogun could never do that as long as the ACs control MMA. Someone like Cruz could probably fight every other week.

I personally believe that it would make fighter not wang to take risks in the cage. Most hard battles are met with long suspensions from the AC. So someone like Shogun could never do that as long as the ACs control MMA. Someone like Cruz could probably fight every other week.

most suspensions come with the "can be cleared early by physician".

who says they don't?
probably not the amount you mentioned though

Full time fighters should always be training and ready to fight

This is a really, really, really bad idea.

The guys who are going to go for this kind of incentive are going to fight very conservatively.

On top of that, there are many fighters and only so many fight slots. Champions aside, are there guys out there we really need to pressure to have more fights?

Full time fighters should always be training and ready to fight

It doesn't work that way at the top.

The very best fighters train to peak for their fights. Their entire way of life is based on this foundation. They can't "peak" 365 days a year. If you want them to be able to fight at any time, expect worse fights.

Sounds good to me, hell any bonus is better then no bonus. 50-100k for lower tier fighters who do it and like 200-500k for contendors/champions i think is appropriate. To be able put on 3 fights a year in the UFC is huge

Back