UFC Shenzhen in danger of being cancelled?

kimocomplex

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://news.yahoo.com/hong-kong-police-demonstrate-water-054400164.html

Hong Kong airport has been shut down due to large protests against the government

Full discloser, Shenzhen has its own airport (Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport) With the Chinese goverment unrest, do you guys think this event is in jeopardy? It would be too late to move the event somewhere else?

ufc_on_espn_plus_15_poster_jessica_andrade_weili_zhang.0.jpeg

If there's ever a card that gets cancelled that I wouldn't care less about, it's this one.

Nothing missed by canceling an entire Fight Pass prelim card.

Wouldn't surprise me, this card seems like an after thought for the UFC

Nah, media overreacting as usual. And Shenzhen is far more safe and stable than HK.

I laugh every time I see Andrade's jaw

It's just fucking ridiculous how she gets away with it

I’m in Shanghai, been here for years, NOTHING can shut down the airports here (except the typhoon that just eased on through lol). HK will continue to get buttfucked but here in the mainland everything is business as usual.

I came back from Singapore a week ago, no issues at all.

Sounds like anyone who booked a flight to HK hoping to travel thence to SZ might be inconvenienced. What are the airlines doing for customers with canceled flights?
I assume the local crowd will still be in attendance and, for that matter, the HK fans. The train hasn't been shut down, has it?

This card is bad, I know 4 or 5 fighters...inlcuding girls from main event. Nothing will be lost. And girls can fight as co-main of pppv card, fight should be good.

I’m in Shanghai, been here for years, NOTHING can shut down the airports here (except the typhoon that just eased on through lol). HK will continue to get buttfucked but here in the mainland everything is business as usual.

I came back from Singapore a week ago, no issues at all.

Oh yeah? What part of Shanghai do you live in? Been there long?

I laugh every time I see Andrade's jaw

It's just fucking ridiculous how she gets away with it
More than the jaw is her neck. Her neck is wider than her head and that's uncommon even for natural male athletes. But for a female?

But she's one of the few entertaining female fighters so whatever.

It isn't UFC HK. Shenzen is a huge city, even though it's in close proximity to hong kong there is a very real divide between HK and the mainland. Probably beyond increased police presence there will be little difference.

Chang Ning been here 15 years

I love Shanghai. Visited there just for my photography and to wander around china both 2017 and 2018 around april/may. Having only stayed in Puxi and Jing'an, the latter there was by far my favorite of the two as a neighborhood.

I love Shanghai. Visited there just for my photography and to wander around china both 2017 and 2018 around april/may. Having only stayed in Puxi and Jing'an, the latter there was by far my favorite of the two as a neighborhood.
Yeah Jing An is dope, I’m also into photography and Shanghai is a great place to get it done. Jing An is in Puxi by the way, the other area is pudong which is boring as fuck. April/May it must have rained quite a bit no?

Back