Rumored UFC secretly training Chinese Athletes for years?

^ No, just asians are not meant for MMA. Hollywood had us all believing otherwise but the Octagon has shown us otherwise.

I do hope they find some type of kung fu or shaolin master with some highlight wins to bring to the cage though. That would be some fun.

^ No, just asians are not meant for MMA. Hollywood had us all believing otherwise but the Octagon has shown us otherwise.

I do hope they find some type of kung fu or shaolin master with some highlight wins to bring to the cage though. That would be some fun.
What does this even mean lol? Asians just aren't physically able to keep up or that the culture isn't there to foster MMA talent?

Some UFC fighters hate China and communism but are okay with the UFC promoting MMA in China and Chinese fighters. You don't exactly see anyone leaving over it. It's as if they only care enough so that it doesn't hurt their paychecks...
Holy shit thats the worst take ive seen all month on here <45>

If that's the case, then they should have waited more time. the last time most of the chinese talent not named Leech got theri ass beaten on the prelims and Rose KO Zhang.
They still had a Chinese born Champion? How did that not play out to their benefit? It's a fight.. ain't gonna work their way forever, but that certainly opened the door.

Some UFC fighters hate China and communism but are okay with the UFC promoting MMA in China and Chinese fighters. You don't exactly see anyone leaving over it. It's as if they only care enough so that it doesn't hurt their paychecks...
Because it isn't the same. You leave politics out of fighting in general. Pretty much that's how it's always been. Plus the people have no control of their government and many may be against it as well. You can't fault the fighters and the people about how their government and country is ran. They have no control over that. Hong Kong people protested and rioted for years, Taiwan will go to war over their freedoms.

didn't all chinese lose their last 10 fights?

This post is just plainly wrong and it is actually racist. Mma excellence is not dependent on ethnicity. It has only taken Asians longer because they don't have as much of a head start in practising mma and the best mma training centers are currently in North America but that is changing in a big way in Asia. In fact given that so many martial arts being practised all over the world today were created by Asians would tend to suggest that martial skill is part of the culture of Asia in an integral way. Give it another decade or so and you will see more and more asian champions arise.

The UFC proactively investing in talent on a large scale?

<Dany07>

Seems like smart business. That’s a huge market (China). Just like Muslim fighters. The UFC is always looking to make more money.

Once the CCP have been in partnership with the UFC for a while they may start a Chinese MMA organization. The CCP is involved in all foreign businesses that go to China. They study them, then build a better version. Perhaps fighters will opt for this new Chinese 'ufc' eventually, i suspect the fighters will get a hell of a lot more money.

In an interview given to CM Punk and Dave Ross on Stadium, the UFC President revealed that...

"WE’VE BEEN CULTIVATING TALENT FOR THE LAST 10 TO 12 YEARS, I SEND MY MATCHMAKERS TO CHINA LOOKING FOR TALENT. WHEN THEY FIND THE TALENT THEY SEND THEM BACK TO THE US AND WE PUT THEM IN BIG CAMPS TO TRAIN." --- Dana White

Could he be talking about Song Yadong and Yan Xiaonan? Both of the fighters have been training at Team Alpha Male for some time now.

Were they the test runs before committing to the Peformance Institute in Shanghai?

Just wondering if anyone else has information this.
Well the us govt did give the wuhan lab 3 million to grow bats.

I'm not too interested in searching the details, TS can look for himself..

But during the late Zuffa era UFC made a large expansion, putting operations in many places.

Tom Wright(CFL) was director of operations for UFC Canada, Mike Fisher(NBA) was the director for UFC Asia... I'd bet they started operations in India and Africa too.

But after the sale, all these were cuts.

https://www.ufc.com/news/ufcr-announces-operations-asia
"The establishment of a formal operation and hiring of Fischer as the UFC’s on-the-ground presence demonstrates the company’s commitment and long-term plans for Asia, which includes growing a roster of local talent as well as strong relationships with the many sports federations in the region, including the China National Wushu Federation."

Just wondering ,why do you have such a high interest in Chinese MMA fighters?Most posts I come across regarding the UFC PI in China or development of chinese fighters comes from you .
In an interview given to CM Punk and Dave Ross on Stadium, the UFC President revealed that...

"WE’VE BEEN CULTIVATING TALENT FOR THE LAST 10 TO 12 YEARS, I SEND MY MATCHMAKERS TO CHINA LOOKING FOR TALENT. WHEN THEY FIND THE TALENT THEY SEND THEM BACK TO THE US AND WE PUT THEM IN BIG CAMPS TO TRAIN." --- Dana White

Could he be talking about Song Yadong and Yan Xiaonan? Both of the fighters have been training at Team Alpha Male for some time now.

Were they the test runs before committing to the Peformance Institute in Shanghai?

Shouldn't be teaching the Chinese mma at all. They're just going to find a way to reverse engineer it, and make cheap copies.

Yes, it's so secret that the UFC has an entire series on Fightpass involving the Shanghai combine.

Back