Rumored UFC secretly training Chinese Athletes for years?

You Will Vote For Dreyga

You have no choice
@Gold
Reaction score
In an interview given to CM Punk and Dave Ross on Stadium, the UFC President revealed that...

"WE’VE BEEN CULTIVATING TALENT FOR THE LAST 10 TO 12 YEARS, I SEND MY MATCHMAKERS TO CHINA LOOKING FOR TALENT. WHEN THEY FIND THE TALENT THEY SEND THEM BACK TO THE US AND WE PUT THEM IN BIG CAMPS TO TRAIN." --- Dana White

Could he be talking about Song Yadong and Yan Xiaonan? Both of the fighters have been training at Team Alpha Male for some time now.

Were they the test runs before committing to the Peformance Institute in Shanghai?

Just wondering if anyone else has information this.

Pat Healy and Team Quest have been doing a better job of training Chinese fighters than the UFC :D

Some UFC fighters hate China and communism but are okay with the UFC promoting MMA in China and Chinese fighters. You don't exactly see anyone leaving over it. It's as if they only care enough so that it doesn't hurt their paychecks...

How is this a secret then?

Clickbait headlines. Rumors and drama alert.

giphy.gif

Yan Xiaonan must've skipped every wrestling practice

In an interview given to CM Punk and Dave Ross on Stadium, the UFC President revealed that...

"WE’VE BEEN CULTIVATING TALENT FOR THE LAST 10 TO 12 YEARS, I SEND MY MATCHMAKERS TO CHINA LOOKING FOR TALENT. WHEN THEY FIND THE TALENT THEY SEND THEM BACK TO THE US AND WE PUT THEM IN BIG CAMPS TO TRAIN." --- Dana White

Could he be talking about Song Yadong and Yan Xiaonan? Both of the fighters have been training at Team Alpha Male for some time now.

Were they the test runs before committing to the Peformance Institute in Shanghai?

Just wondering if anyone else has information this.
simple formula - UFC is money making cartel. CCP (Chinese Communist Party) needs a local hero. Calls Dana white and ask for a price. Name it Dana! Done. Boom! Send few elite chines fighters to train the real combat MMA art and forget mystic WuShoo and Tai Chi.

If they have been cultivating the talent there for so long then the recent lack of success looks even worse.

Back