[UFC] Rousey is highest paid fighter in the UFC

Ronda is certainly at GSP's pay level
She signed a new deal & had more leverage than any other fighter in UFC except Brock.
She has Hollywood offers, where GSP, Conor & Silva didn't.
She is the rare fighter than can still make bank without fighting ... you know Zuffa threw money at her.
She also has one of the top agents in the world negotiating on her behalf

Yeah, I have no doubt that Ronda and Conor are the highest paid fighters in the UFC right now. But I don't know if they're making as much as GSP, Lesnar, and Anderson did, yet anyways.

Yeah, I have no doubt that Ronda and Conor are the highest paid fighters in the UFC right now. But I don't know if they're making as much as GSP, Lesnar, and Anderson did, yet anyways.

Ronda is more valuable & has a better agent
On a comparable PPV buy, I can certainly see her making the same if not more.
Brock, GSP & Silva did not bring a shitload of non-MMA publicity to UFC & they did not bring new divisions to monetize (like Ronda & WMMA)
Her agent is The Rock's agent ... I have no idea who handles GSP & silva & Brock negotiates himself, so odds are on Ronda's side

She should be the highest paid fighter in the UFC. She's by far the biggest star the UFC has. You know how many casuals she gets to tune in for her fights? People that I know for a fact know nothing about the UFC or MMA have been talking about Ronda nonstop since Saturday night.

What I don't like about the current era of MMA is that people buy PPV's to see the biggest MMA stars, instead of buying PPV to see MMA legends.

Connor and Ronda are famous because of their skills but also because of their mouth and behaviour. I miss the old days when we wanted to see them fight because of all their aura around them. Now it's all about who's got the biggest mouth.

Funny how things have changed in ten years, the feeling behind Fedor vs Crocop's fight and the way "big" fights are now promoted.

UFC make stars, Pride made legends :)

You should check out Bellator. They put on fights like you're describing.

They'll come for Ronda.... But they'll stay for Conor.

I miss the old days when we wanted to see them fight because of all their aura around them. Now it's all about who's got the biggest mouth.
Fedor+Emelianenko+Tito+Ortiz+Ring+NASDAQ+Opening+465ZCnLvo3fl.jpg

UFC66 says hello.

bullfuckingshit. the ufc doesn't disclose because they pay their fighters peanuts.

She's the biggest star in the UFC right now so that makes sense.

bullfuckingshit. the ufc doesn't disclose because they pay their fighters peanuts.

They disclose the peanuts that most fighters get and hide the millions that the big stars get.

Lol. He ate them and moved forward long ago. Now if only half of Sherdog would do the same.

I remember specifically he called himself out on it for being way off base. Might be a once in a blue moon moment but always good to see someone admit when they were wrong.

Back