UFC roster currently at 988.

This is per the UFC website. I remember when the roster got to about 5-600 and people were saying it was way too bloated. What number do you think makes sense?

The more fighters on the roster the more free cards we get on network tv.

Unless they start doing a lot of midweek cards, the maximum number of fights that the UFC can possibly put on in a year is 550. It takes 2 fighters per fight, so that is 1100 fighter slots per year. For fighters to average between 2 and 2.5 fights per year, the UFC needs between 440 and 550 fighters.

How many of that is wmma cos that doesn’t count
QCYvUIY.gif

420? Make it fun?! We have way too many people to follow. It's literally impossible for you... And me. And everybody in between. Could you guys imagine how much better life would be if it wasn't for so much excess garbage? (But to twist it positive, at least there's money to be made, at the right time, with extra fighters). Like if people only posted what they loved on bookface. Instead we have people posting that don't really care. If only serious people were on offerup etc... I don't think we understand how much better life would be if it wasn't for so much hoarding and extra stuff few people care about. (I'd take 6 quality ppv's over 12 quantity PPV's any year)

Last edited:
And somehow Dana doesnt know who Alexander Schlemenko is. But then you've got Carlos Ulberg, a guy who is either 3-0 or 5-0 depending on where you look, which includes a win over "unknown fighter", competing at 259.

How is there such thing as too many fighters? Are we assuming that there can only be 500-600 "elite" fighters? Whats the problem with a large roster?

How is there such thing as too many fighters? Are we assuming that there can only be 500-600 "elite" fighters? Whats the problem with a large roster?
Watered down cards.
Yeah, sometimes they deliver... but a hardcore fan wants to see many fighters they know. Not just 3 per card... But hey, I don't wanna complain too much, 259's looking phenomenal! :)

Watered down cards.
Yeah, sometimes they deliver... but a hardcore fan wants to see many fighters they know. Not just 3 per card... But hey, I don't wanna complain too much, 259's looking phenomenal! :)

Watered down cards are only that way because we don't know the name. Name recognition has nothing to do with whether one of those guys will be a future champion.

Can't build fighters without some no-name cards

Watered down cards are only that way because we don't know the name. Name recognition has nothing to do with whether one of those guys will be a future champion.

Can't build fighters without some no-name cards
True. But we are FINALLY entering a time where we do know a lot of names that currently compete. So that is one beautiful thing about a lot of fighters. It took a while to get here, but excess people or not, things are starting to look up in UFC because we are starting to familiarize ourselves with a lot of people.

But still, there does need to be a limit. 'Cause now fighters have to compete a couple times for even hardcores to familiarize themselves. I'm happy with 1,500 tbh, as long as I know there's a cap... Too bad there isn't. But I'd rather see fighters we know and love get paid, opposed to getting paid peanuts because of up and comers we don't know yet. ('Cause people we dk don't always maintain their jobs. And it's sad, 'cause fighters we know are the ones sacrificing [paying taxes in a way] for that)

Last edited:
True. But we are FINALLY entering a time where we do know a lot of names that currently compete. So that is one beautiful thing about a lot of fighters. It took a while to get here, but excess people or not, things are starting to look up in UFC because we are starting to familiarize ourselves with a lot of people.

But still, there does need to be a limit. 'Cause now fighters have to compete a couple times for even hardcores to familiarize themselves. I'm happy with 1,000 tbh, as long as I know there's a cap... Too bad there isn't. But I'd rather see fighters we know and love get paid, opposed to getting paid peanuts because of up and comers we don't know yet. ('Cause people we dk don't always maintain their jobs. And it's sad, 'cause fighters we know are the ones sacrificing [paying taxes in a way] for that)

fair point about the current amount of recognizable fighters. Personally though, I like the stacked yearly schedule of the post Zuffa era. More fights are ok with me

Back