UFC Release Amir Aliakbari because of doping ban, Iran blame it on Trump

Who do you blame?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why is a ban in another sport applied to the UFC and MMA? Does that mean if Lance Armstrong was a good fighter he couldn't fight?

Because USADA recognise bans put in place by other WADA signatories. And yes, Lance Armstrong could not compete in the UFC

Iran has been sanctioned for a ton of years since the 70's, hardly has anything to do with Trump.

Iran has been sanctioned for a ton of years since the 70's, hardly has anything to do with Trump.

But Baracks Saint Obama tried to fix that.

Then Trump.

/thread

too bad we never saw this behemoth, he wouldn't have passed tests or the 265 limit though.

He needs a Bane style mask with a oxygen supply to avoid gassing.
This guy needed 6 month training. HW champion easily. just kidding. Still some monsters out of IRAN. they are insane at wrestling also.

It was confirmed yesterday that the UFC had cancelled the contract of Amir Aliakbari as his lifetime ban for two doping violations in wrestling was recognised by the UFC's anti-doping program Administrator USADA.

Iranian news however decided to run that tweet through google translate and are blaming US economic sanctions against Iran as the reason :D

https://ifpnews.com/sanctions-force-iranian-mma-fighter-to-quit-ufc

iu

Iranian mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter Amir Aliakbari has had to bow out of the UFC –an American MMA promotion company- after the US sanctions against Iran prevented him from transferring his earnings.

The professional Iranian wrestler and MMA fighter Aliakbari says he was left with no choice but to terminate his contract with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) when the US’ economic sanctions against Iran barred him from transferring millions of dollars of his income.

It's alright cro cop already layed the myth of that man to bed and he ain't never gonna be any better than he was juiced up for that tournament.

It's more of a damn shame that cro cop is too unhealthy to compete especially following him avenging his losses to gonzaga and roy nelson, winning a kickboxing tournament and openweight tournament. The man's hands and takedowns and ground n pound and leg and body kicks were so mean at the end of his career and at that weight, i found myself wondering in the end there how jones or dc would be able to handle him even then. And you gotta remember he came into pride at 215 and no ground skills to speak of. I think as he got older his hands got heavier and his ground game got mean.

Excuse my french but fuck aliakabari. Cro cop is who we should be talking about. Not some cheating nobody never gonna be nobody again. I love fedor but i honestly think cro cop woulda beat him in a rematch and in the end he might've been the better fighter.

It was for doping. USADA has an ethical obligation to honor doping-based bans.
He was banned from Wrestling. why should that apply to MMA? Jon Jones popped for T Bol and is still testing for the metabolites but he can fight? He has tested positive 2 x's same as this guy.

One of Iran's sporting heros.

World champion wrestler in Moscow (2010), misse the 2012 Olympics because of a doping ban. Came back in 2013, won the World Championship again but stripped and banned for life for second doping offence.

10-1 in MMA and on a 5 fight streak beating up cans in ACB and RIzin
Well then

36iB5lW.gif.jpg

Because USADA recognise bans put in place by other WADA signatories. And yes, Lance Armstrong could not compete in the UFC
They shouldn't. Who even knows what he was banned for? If they were the Olympics that can be highly politicized and that is amateur. MMA in the UFC is professional. Those lines shouldn't be crossed IMO. If they are saying someone who doped previously shouldn't be allowed fight then that should apply to all including the current roster.

My brain went straight to Amirkhani. Freaked out for a second. know I don't really care tbh.

Poll should have the choice of blaming Amir. Pretty sure neither Trump nor USADA are the ones that gave him substances that caused him to be stripped and banned...

Man that sucks, he was a really good addition to the roster. Hopefully Bellator picks him up they'd be foolish not to.

This shows that UFC are running by a bunch of amateurs.
We all know about Aliakbari's positive wrestling doping tests, that's the only reason he translated to MMA.

You can never be certain. But one thing is for sure though, the UFC is highly political sometimes. Problematic if you ask me.

Fucking stupid. Meanwhile Jones gets to fight even with 10 violations IN the UFC.

Man that sucks, he was a really good addition to the roster. Hopefully Bellator picks him up they'd be foolish not to.
I think he is already scheduled to fight in that BRAVE promotion from Bahrain.

This guy needed 6 month training. HW champion easily. just kidding. Still some monsters out of IRAN. they are insane at wrestling also.

Their deuces are weapons of mass destruction for any septic system.

Back