UFC regional championships?

Wtf. You want UFC to have a monopoly? {<huh}<{hmmm}>

Not necessarily, and I don't agree with the way ufc treats the fighters. But it would be nice with everyone striving for one major belt. Like the world cup or the champions league in football.

Not necessarily, and I don't agree with the way ufc treats the fighters. But it would be nice with everyone striving for one major belt. Like the world cup or the champions league in football.

Do you know how many leagues there are in football? Probably 3 in every country. Don't compare it to the world cup which comes around once every four years. Football has a lot of titles, and a lot of choices for players and fans. I'm not into the whole "one belt" stuff or anything that promotes a ufc monopoly.

Besides, if you're serious about that type of model. Its called a world grand prix tournament, that orgs like PRIDE (and k-1) had. Which UFC has no interest in doing, nor could it under the unified rules.

Regional titles would reduce the UFCs ability to trick casuals into believing a contender is worthy of a title shot. For now, the UFC can manufacture a contender through marketing and regional titles would almost kill that ability, at least as far as division titles.

It would be cool to see regional titles, but it won't happen unless this fighter union or other entity pushes through legislation. It won't directly force something like regional titles, but may make it more of an option to maintain legitimacy for the organization, once they're low on cards to play.

Just do it already.

ic-title.jpg

Back