UFC pushing its "stars" too fast

Tell me he didnt said that. Compare sage to fucking Stephen Thompson

It was Woodley who said it in the leadup to his title fight with Wonderboy. They trained together and he said, out loud, that Sage was a bit faster, hit harder, etc. I get hyping up a sparring partner but there's a difference between hype and dishonesty.

No they are not pushing "stars" to fast, they are pushing the wrong people period. These two are shitty fighters, but are being pushed for reasons other than their fighting. So it will result in things like this.

Don't worry UFC will have a new batch to hype next year since the current alumni is finished.

I like UFC hyping prospects and pushing them but yeah, they should be fighting people at their level. Not getting pushed to main and co main events. Hopefully they've learned their lesson. Hype works but you don't want those hype trains crashing down this quickly.

So its not possible to be a good fighter until you're 24 years old? Got it, genius.

I never said that. The thread is about developing Star power.

There are good fighters that no one ever gave a shit about.

I never said that. The thread is about developing Star power.There are good fighter that no one ever gave a shit about.

You're right you didnt say that, but you were defending the premise of the thread which stated that. It's a pretty stupid, arbitrary notion.

They should have been better before joining.

The UFC really needs a feeder organisation to build up potential stars.

Huh? Conor was a champion with years of experience when he came to the UFC.
got HUGE shortcuts nonetheless.
Never defended any belt.
Lost the belt due to forfeit...

... that sums it up.

How much easier of a fight can you find in the UFC than a fighter with 3 fights who has fought all amateurs?

That was appropriate match making for Sage. He's just not actually any good (as has been clear since the Pfister fight)

Better yet, cut them and have them fight in the indys where they're supposed to be building their records.

Gall is a tomato can

3-0 with a win over CM punk.

And he just ducked the division to drop to LW.

Who is more tomato can at welter weight than him?

who's to say they will be better at 24 or 34 . the time is now push them and if they do their parts then it's all good . if they fail then oh well

But they did fight cans. Did you all not see Sage and PVZ getting gimme fights one after another? Then Sage lost to one of those gimme fights and PVZ finally got a step up in Rose. After that she got some more cans to crush. How many cans will they keep on crushing because they just look good? Fuck that shit.

No gimme fights in UFC. This is not Coker's Bellator

Last edited:
what you really want is not to put them in the UFC until they are good enough
cant argue with that, or at least they shouldnt have received such a big push.... as clearly neither are ready

cant argue with that, or at least they shouldnt have received such a big push.... as clearly neither are ready

I think any serious mma fan knows that paige and sage are not top level or close to it. I think Dana knows this as well. In a way, Dana won't sit on them forever. He will match people up with hard people in the UFC. It is the UFC. You can't give someone 3 straight easy fights for people to learn on because UFC is top level. But Dana will use them even if it is just ratings for one show. He proved that with that wrestling dude who got herbed by Gall a few months ago....forget his name, the mma sparring is a scrimmage dude,

Who cares about age - doesnt matter how young you are if you can fight. The problem is their skills not their age.

Wrong.

Maturity allows you to thrive in this game. The fighting is only a portion.

The problem of UFC is that you can't just keep feeding fighters cans like boxing or Bellator without downgrading potential stars to prelims.

I think Paige is gonna be fine with fighting top 20-30 but Sage needs to take time out to finish his degree and train real BJJ.

Back