UFC proves again why it's so important.

I really don't understand how someone could view that tonight and not have been entertained? I was rolling on the ground laughing, my phone was blowing up more than any other time during the year aside from post-holm/rousey. All of my friends barely like fighting and all thought it was hilarious.... they barely like the sport and they watched under the impression it was going to be terrible; and by god did it deliver, it was incredibly terrible which is basically why they were watching to see. Somehow the hardcore MMA fans though weren't wise enough to realize it was going to be very low quality and are acting shocked and appalled after the fact.

Last edited:
I just said I'm not a Sage fan, however you look like a MVP fanboy who can't acknowledge his lack of quality opponents, Sage is fighting cans in the #1 organization, how many times do I have to write the same thing before you realise the difference? UFC cans > Bellator cans.
Hiding ?

Yeah... I'm fine with the rebook deal as long as the UFC never ceases to exist lol. Holy shit what wreck that bellator card was.

One event, dude; it was one event. They've put on some decent stuff and will continue to

Was fucking terrible, but Bellator are better than that. Makes me think how fucking good Strikeforce was, yet UFC-only fans shat on it for no real reason other than being 'not-UFC' and their puny minds having an allegience to their brand...

Regardless of the UFC being clearly levels above everything else right now, I STILL think fighters should be able to fight wherever the fuck they wan't in an effort to improve their ranking, and not be restricted to contracts/orgs.

1 fight contracts only (unless you're champ then you MUST defend), independent worldwide pro MMA association controlling rankings. Fighters free to come and go as they please.

Its pie in the sky but something that would turn MMA into a true sport.

It may not have been possible in the past, but with the UFC bringing the sport to where its at, it's possible now.

Who knows, Bellator might make great events with access to better fighters.

FUCK all you shills in this thread.

Your bullshit is transparent. Nobody's falling for it anymore.

If you think having only 1 mma org is a good thing, and if you think UFC is anywhere near as good as it once was when it had competition, and if you think the state of mma today isn't stale, boring and half fucking dead....then you're a moron.

Say what you want but you don't see any of this circus shit excluding CM Punk but if they didn't sign him bellator would and why give them free ratings? They're not desperate enough to sign a 52 year old and a 49 year old.

CoutureVsToney.jpg

Why is it that the biggest names at Bellator need to make their way to the cage utilizing canes and walkers?

Richer organisation able to consistently hire the world's elite fighter, shocker!

Whereas UFC is established, other organisations are always trying to keep the head above water.

FUCK all you shills in this thread.

Your bullshit is transparent. Nobody's falling for it anymore.

If you think having only 1 mma org is a good thing, and if you think UFC is anywhere near as good as it once was when it had competition, and if you think the state of mma today isn't stale, boring and half fucking dead....then you're a moron.

These 2015 accounts never cease to amuse!

Lol. I always chuckle when the anti-UFC members act like any other org is even close to the UFC in quality.

They don't have the fighters to be. Nobody is anti ufc because they dont like the fighters.

That Bellator card was pathetic. Dada and Kimbo was pathetic. And Ken Shamrock is absolutely terrible. There are normal guys on this board who would knock him out. No one has destroyed their legacy more than that guy. That's why people say "I don't want to do a Ken Shamrock".

BigheartedCoarseHyena.gif

whew.gif

UFC can't completely take the moral high ground here tbh.
Well they kind of can, because Bellator went after those guys after they did the above. The UFC would never have them back after that.

The sad thing is If CM Punk actually fights it wont even come close to how pathetic and embarrassing that shit was.

For those so entertained and defending it if that Pro wrestler fight includes gassing in 3 minutes, has embarrassing grappling exchanged, possible heart attacks in round 2 and has an embarrassed ref standing them up from mount will you be so excited and entertained?

This is the resulting product when you put entertainment and freak fights ahead of the sport on the extreme level.

I hoped Coker would do more good than harm with Bellator, but it seems he is hell bent on turning it into the Jerry Springer show of MMA.

Well they kind of can, because Bellator went after those guys after they did the above. The UFC would never have them back after that.

Ofc not, Royce and Kimbo aren't going to spike business for UFC. At the time of those fights however they certainly would and did. Trotting out Royce for a nostalgia act against the most dominant WW ever(to that point) got them their (then)most successful PPV. Kimbo on TUF got their best ratings in the series history(not sure it's even been outdone since).

UFC has their own freakshow lined up later this year with Punk. Bellator's cash grab with the dinosaur show last night was bad and how awful it was isn't diminished by UFC's own willingness to go down that road from time to time, don't get me wrong. I just don't think that it's something that should make a fan feel better about another promotion. Personally I don't like the new direction for Bellator but also acknowledge it's never going to gain real ground on the #1 promotion and shit like last night sells(for them).

Sometimes these things happen in MMA.

Please...

The UFC cashed in on Kimbo too... and a decrepit Shamrock... and an ancient Royce Gracie...

Let's not act like Zuffa is above this kind of circus nonsense.

Yeah .. but lets be honest .. shamrock hasn't seen the ufc in what ? 10 years ? .. lol and he was OLD then! .. so dont act like he was just fighting tito In the ufc lol .. and gracie same thing 2006! 10 years ago bruddah ... and they were just trying the find contenders for matt hughes then lol .. its completely different then putting those two retired vets as a MAIN EVENT. . . let alone the shit show kimbo has been the last few years. an DADA .. HAHA :)

Ofc not, Royce and Kimbo aren't going to spike business for UFC. At the time of those fights however they certainly would and did. Trotting out Royce for a nostalgia act against the most dominant WW ever(to that point) got them their (then)most successful PPV. Kimbo on TUF got their best ratings in the series history(not sure it's even been outdone since).

UFC has their own freakshow lined up later this year with Punk. Bellator's cash grab with the dinosaur show last night was bad and how awful it was isn't diminished by UFC's own willingness to go down that road from time to time, don't get me wrong. I just don't think that it's something that should make a fan feel better about another promotion. Personally I don't like the new direction for Bellator but also acknowledge it's never going to gain real ground on the #1 promotion and shit like last night sells(for them).

Sometimes these things happen in MMA.
Pretty well thought out response to something of a throwaway line from me. Cheers for that, I enjoyed reading it.

Back