UFC proves again why it's so important.

What do you mean you are good with the Reebox deal? Are you in the UFC? I am just curious because unless your a fighter in the UFC then what the heck difference does it make, unless you are with a company that sponsors fighters to promote their product I find it odd to be concerned about Reebox other than their apparel looks like the south end of a north bound donkey
I have no doubt that some posters would drug their own mothers and offer them to Dana if he asked. Smh

Like UFC didn't have Kimbo first, and also didn't just sign a pro wrestler with zero fighting background

They signed Kimbo after he was the top guy in another MMA org and after he went through TUF.
They got rid of him after only two fights because he proved he was not a true MMA fighter.
Five years after that, Bellator has him as their main draw lol

You really don't see the difference?

Punk, we need to see how bad he is and if he keeps fighting after showing he cannot.
If UFC makes him their top draw after he proves he sucks then you are 100% right.
But the guy has taken his training seriously so far. If he sucks it is not for lack of trying.
Kimbo on the other hand, just cares about the paycheck and dada even more so.

Please...

The UFC cashed in on Kimbo too... and a decrepit Shamrock... and an ancient Royce Gracie...

Let's not act like Zuffa is above this kind of circus nonsense.

TEN YEARS AGO. If you don't think there's a huge difference between a ~38 year old Royce, and ~41 year old Ken, and a 35 year old Kimbo, who was 3-1 and who they made go through TUF to show he actually had something, and all of whom had competed recently, and a 48 year old Royce who hadn't fought in 10 years, and a 51 year old Ken and 42 year old Kimbo, neither of whom had fought in 5 before their fight last year, I don't know what to say. The UFC has had some trainwreck nights, but nothing close to this.

TEN YEARS AGO. If you don't think there's a huge difference between a ~38 year old Royce, and ~41 year old Ken, and a 35 year old Kimbo, who was 3-1 and who they made go through TUF to show he actually had something, and all of whom had competed recently, and a 48 year old Royce who hadn't fought in 10 years, and a 51 year old Ken and 42 year old Kimbo, neither of whom had fought in 5 before their fight last year, I don't know what to say. The UFC has had some trainwreck nights, but nothing close to this.

UFC has enough faults that people don't need to s-t-r-e-t-c-h so hard lol

I just wanted to bump this thread again because I think yesterday's unstoppable event again proves how important the UFC is to the sport.

You look at those tables and the amount of talent on stage, no other promotion in history has ever had this much talent all at once... Not even Pride.

But one event that has got me real excited about if UFC 200. The secrecy surrounding this event has got me thinking something crazy. When Dana said we'll start planning 200 after the weekend, obviously means if Conor breezes past Diaz, he's the headliner. Then there is talk about vacating his title, and for some reason I keep thinking of Canada... And 170.... So many great stars already have matches before 200, so the whole stacked champion card is probably out the window... So a super fight then? But which 2 fighters can pull it off.... I may be crazy thinking it... But could GSP vs Conor be the fight?!

Back