Media UFC Pros Pick, Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Zhang Weili at UFC 248

Who wins?

• Total voters
Zhang is too powerful for Joanna, however i think Joanna will do her normal point style but i don't think it will be enough. I am rooting for Zhang a late TKO or UD but i don't count Joanna out. The first 2 rounds will determine how the fight will go.

Do any of you have any specific sequences that you envision?

425709.jpg

Scary power based on what? Because she got a tko win over andrade after landing like fifteen strikes? Not saying she doesn't have power, but my overall point is that her over the top hype isn't consistent with her achievements. Rose tko's Joanna, yet nobody went around talking about how powerful she is.
No one at SW has ever finished Andrade and Weili does it < a minute? I'd say that's an impressive achievement. Rose's technique scored her the first KO of JJ. Their second fight was fairly even. Weili combines power w/technique and her progress has been impressive since coming to the UFC.

Last edited:
I've seen Zhang fight twice and it was spectacular therefore she destroys Joanna and is the all time GOAT until she loses. Then she was never that great. ;)

I was being sarcastic when I said people are calling Zhang the SW goat. My point was that I think she's being hailed as some destroyer based on one ass kicking. She might be that good, but it just kind of annoys me when there's a ton of premature hype.
Her 20 victims prior to JJ may not call that hype all that premature. Although it's the blows to the head that did her in, Andrade said what really impressed her were her leg kicks and Andrade's legs look far more solid than JJ's. Maybe the leg kicks won't be an issue for JJ. Maybe she practices kicking tree trunks like Valentina does, but I haven't seen video of it.

The worst one was probably Andrea Lee like she knows nothing about Zhang.. What does Joanna having a strong TDD have to do with this fight since Zhang barely ever relies on grappling? Most of the fighters seem to be picking Joanna to win though
I thought it interesting that while the poll here shows it dramatically in Weili's favor, the fighters, almost to the degree favored JJ. Perhaps because they are so much more familiar with JJ. You mention that Zhang barely ever relies on grappling, but she has more submissions than JJ has finishes. Of course Weili also has more KO or TK\O's than she has submissions.

But...how many fights have you seen where she stops her opponent? How many TKO/KOs? Besides the Andrade fight.
Are you serious? 17 out of her 20 straight victories have been finishes, with the majority of them TKO/KO's.

Lol @ having miesha or holly above Joanna who had 5 defenses
Not sure why she wouldn't make your top 5. If Weili wins she'll have the longest winning streak of any active fighter in WMMA, one more than Cyborg and arguably against as competitive competition. 17 of those fights have been finishes, mostly in the first round. Unlike Cyborg, very few of Weili's opponents were from lower weight classes, in fact she fought larger girls more frequently than she fought smaller ones.

Not sure why she wouldn't make your top 5. If Weili wins she'll have the longest winning streak of any active fighter in WMMA, one more than Cyborg and arguably against as competitive competition. 17 of those fights have been finishes, mostly in the first round. Unlike Cyborg, very few of Weili's opponents were from lower weight classes, in fact she fought larger girls more frequently than she fought smaller ones.

That would make her the exact opposite of Cyborg.

Scary power based on what? Because she got a tko win over andrade after landing like fifteen strikes? Not saying she doesn't have power, but my overall point is that her over the top hype isn't consistent with her achievements. Rose tko's Joanna, yet nobody went around talking about how powerful she is.

weili's gas tank vs. joanna's chin... tough call

Zhang Weili The Training Footage part 2 : Jiu Jitsu and Takedowns
•Premiered Feb 17, 2020
DEEP MMA & BOXING

"The Training footage Part 2
Zhang Weili. Here she is working on her takedowns and jiu jitsu. The more i see her train the more im impressed with her. Thats why i figured id isolate the second part of the grappling footage of her."

Fighters Pick Fights | Israel Adesanya vs. Yoel Romero, Weili Zhang vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk | UFC 248
•Mar 1, 2020
SBN MMA

Timestamps: Israel Adesanya vs. Yoel Romero:
0:30 - Diego Sanchez
3:28 - Beneil Dariush
3:37 - Drakkar Klose
3:47 - Max Griffin
4:08 - John Dodson
4:38 - Justin Tafa Weili

Timestamps: Zhang vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk:
4:45 - Andrea Lee
5:26 - Jimmie Rivera