Media UFC Pros Pick, Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Zhang Weili at UFC 248

Who wins?

• Total voters
Early Zhang stoppage or late Joanna stoppage.

It seems like people who are picking Zhang are doing based on nothing in particular. Training videos perhaps? Do any of you have any specific sequences that you envision?

Picking Joanna. I think the only question is how her chin and recovery will hold up in the early rounds.

And lol at the idiot having Holly and Miesha above Joanna LOL.

I would say top 5

1: Nunes
2: Joanna
3: Shev
4: Rhonda
5: Holly/ Miesha/ Whoever......

Cryroid is not there because she is a roid cheat.

To me this is a sure win for Weili . Joanna May be able to outlast her on cardio but I think weili is to technical explosive and strong. She will likely match or pull ahead standing And her strength power will make the difference

It seems like people who are picking Zhang are doing based on nothing in particular. Training videos perhaps? Do any of you have any specific sequences that you envision?

I'm based only in the mental aspect. Joana is mentally weak, even KK made her cry after their second fight.

Lol @ having miesha or holly above Joanna who had 5 defenses

Reexamining, Maybe Joanna above Holly. Though Holly's significance in WMMA history can't be overstated. I'd keep Meisha above Joanna because of the work she did before WMMA even existed in the UFC. She won titles in two promotions outside of the UFC and then to beat Holly at that stage of her career was remarkable.

I think JJ doesn't know what's coming.

I dunno. Joanna could turn in an awesome performance and out point her, after both rose fights, I feel like her giant weight cuts might be catching up to her and took whatever durability she had left.

joanna will dominate her using distance and kickbox her to a decision. it will be decisive.

zhang's only shot is a flash KO which is unlikely given joanna's experience. waterson had a decent attempt at a submission that joanna defended quite well so don't think zhang will submit her (waterson though obviously weaker than zhang is much better at BJJ). zhang isn't that strong either as she got reversed by tecia on the ground and wasn't able to do much from top position in their fight so no chance she dominates a stronger opponent.

zhang won't be able to find range for most of the fight and will panic in the later rounds as well as get tired out. also i think joanna does some gamesmanship with coronavirus memes closer to the fight to get zhang's emotions up. zhang seems like a mess having to move her training camp twice and needs her mommy comforting her close to fight which shows a huge lack of confidence. Remember its only cause of Dana's desire to have the China market that zhang even got a title shot. She was definitely a few fights away from getting one (beating atomweight tecia is not worthy of a title shot lol).

joanna will dominate her using distance and kickbox her to a decision. it will be decisive.

zhang's only shot is a flash KO which is unlikely given joanna's experience. waterson had a decent attempt at a submission that joanna defended quite well so don't think zhang will submit her (waterson though obviously weaker than zhang is much better at BJJ). zhang isn't that strong either as she got reversed by tecia on the ground and wasn't able to do much from top position in their fight so no chance she dominates a stronger opponent.

zhang won't be able to find range for most of the fight and will panic in the later rounds as well as get tired out. also i think joanna does some gamesmanship with coronavirus memes closer to the fight to get zhang's emotions up. zhang seems like a mess having to move her training camp twice and needs her mommy comforting her close to fight which shows a huge lack of confidence. Remember its only cause of Dana's desire to have the China market that zhang even got a title shot. She was definitely a few fights away from getting one (beating atomweight tecia is not worthy of a title shot lol).

Joanna isnt doing any corona jokes. She got a lot of shit for it and has been apologizing and backpedaling about it since

Going with Joanna here, she's consistently beaten a higher level of competition than Zhang has faced

Zhang looks good but everyone is out here acting like she's some KO artist because she beat Andrade. They conveniently forget she went to decision against a 5ft midget not that long ago.

Valentina actually studies them. So it's JJ, prolly by decision.

They conveniently forget she went to decision against a 5ft midget not that long ago.

Danielle Taylor may have washed out of the UFC, but nobody in the UFC ever finished her. She got finished only once, and that was early in her career.

If you were referring to 5'1" Tecia Torres, nobody has ever finished her.

3-4yrs ago I'd say Joanna as Zhang is tailor made for her (overly aggressive brawling style).

Nowadays JJ is past it and will most likely get steamrolled in 1rd.

I honestly don't know who wins, but idk how everyone's calling Zhang the sw goat all of a sudden. Okay, she beat up a girl whose only asset is power. Joanna did the same thing. What else has Zhang done? She has a boring decision win over Torres, and has two other UFC wins over girls who got cut from the organization. The point is that she has one remarkable performance in the promotion. Joanna's far more technical and elusive than anyone the girl has ever faced.

Great post. I agree 100%.

Jedi has had a great schedule and has only lost to a bad stylistic matchup against a future and current (at the time) champion (Rose) and then against a WMMA GOAT-candidate and champion in a higher weight class (Valentina)...

Weili had a breakout performance against Andrade (who Jedi also defeated), but that’s it.

Weili’s record is largely padded with nobodies, with the exception of 5 quality opponents. Two common with Jedi (Andrade and Torres)

Jedi has scalped:

-Waterson
-Torres
-Andrade
-Kowalkiewicz (when she was undefeated)
-Gadelha x2
-Letourneau (decent)
-Penne
-Esparza (via murder)

While Weili’s last performance shows she certainly could Ogre-smash Jedi, I think their respective bodies of work should caution us from presuming that is a foregone conclusion.

Jedi could piece Weili up via superior technique, distance management, volume and cardio.

Looking forward to the contest.

Zhang looks good but everyone is out here acting like she's some KO artist because she beat Andrade. They conveniently forget she went to decision against a 5ft midget not that long ago.

She has 10 KOs on her record. How is she not a KO artist?

Back