UFC production quality vs...

Comparing the UFC with Triller is like comparing a healthy human with an aids infested meth junkie

The production sucks ass in Boxing and the commentary is like Adesanya/Blachowicz every single fight with a -5000 favorite. I don't know why anyone would bother to follow boxing. I'm only interested in the really big fights that happen maybe once a year, if that.

Ya maybe boxing right know, don't know how they fucked up so bad. I loved the old HBO fights. Always nice and bright, great camera angles and commentary.... Always looked like there was tons of people and massive crowd response. Also the pre and post fight stuff was great.

Lots of things that the UFC does are borrowed concepts from other networks or series;

Production Style & Pace: Pretty much identical to 'HBO Boxing' which had very high production values going back all the way to the 90s, you can tell the UFC worked hard to mimic it.
Fight Promotion: HBO 24/7 pioneered the format of documentary-style fight promotion back in 2007 when Mayweather fought De La Hoya.
Reality TV: Boxing's 'The Contender' from back in 2004 on NBC was the original 'put a bunch of guys in one house and let them fight and eliminate each other'.

Lots of things that the UFC does are borrowed concepts from other networks or series;

Production Style & Pace: Pretty much identical to 'HBO Boxing' which had very high production values going back all the way to the 90s, you can tell the UFC worked hard to mimic it.
Fight Promotion: HBO 24/7 pioneered the format of documentary-style fight promotion back in 2007 when Mayweather fought De La Hoya.
Reality TV: Boxing's 'The Contender' from back in 2004 on NBC was the original 'put a bunch of guys in one house and let them fight and eliminate each other'.
Fighting in a cage : Pro wrestling

... Triller.
Sometimes it's only when you look outside you can really appreciate what you have within. After watching the last two Triller events (Last nights and the Tyson fight), it really shows just how polished and professional the UFC is displayed.
Everything from lighting, to camera work, broadcasting, all of it. Top notch.

In contrast Triller was like a freakshow. The awful musical numbers, the wtf camera work with weirdfuck angles, ropes and heads and refs in the way, cutaways to high off his balls Snoop, the muddled sound quality and announcers all talking over each other, the oddly dim lit ring with the erector set backdrop and epileptic boogie woogie lighting. It's like it takes place inside the LSD fueled mind of the unholy offspring of Don King and a retired tent revival televangelist reborn as a Barnum Bailey cast-off carnie raised in a pro wrestling ring. The whole thing was just gross .

Some extra Excedrin and a bath is needed this morning. UFC, you keep doing you.
✊
eh its entertainment and triller snoop is better than any ufc commentator by a mile.

Shout out to Bellator, going from UFC to Trill to Bell, made both MMA productions look very much in the same league

TUF1 actually aired a few months ahead of the contender. Similar shows, but one thing that they UFC did waaay better is air the fights in an unedited format; so you saw the whole fight exactly as it happened. The contender spliced up fights to make them fake dramatic. I only watched the first episode and never watched it again because of that

Take what for granted ts?
We're fans of mma, stop complaining like a 12 year old Dana, that ppl dont buy ur shit... its ur fault for being a scumbag and sucking ppl dry of their money when it comes to your overly expensive marketing scam..

People are finally getting smarter over the years and reconizge that they're being conned for their money for once.
Being a fan of MMA means you should probably support it on some level

People aren't being conned lol

I agree with most of what you said here
The roller coaster aspect is what I enjoy about it and I think once they get the formula right, it will be a solid night of nonstop stimulation, its never gonna be high art but it can be an amusement park of thrills, spills and chills
Theres potential there if they find someone who can massage it correctly
A lot of the issues are VERY fixable, so I agree that it could become an entertaining product of a reasonable quality for what it is.

The whole sports / live entertainment angle is unique and they are tapping into an element of social media and pop culture that should reach a significant demographic of people.

I would like to see them build their events around legitimate talent though. It will be hard for them to maintain a decent reputation within the contact sports community if they stay so focused on the freakshow YouTuber shit. Even if it is just the headliner &/or co main that feature legitimate boxers it would go a long way toward giving them SOME credibility in the boxing world. And they can keep the Jake Paul types involved to sell tickets/PPVs with their social media followings, but have a few respectable boxers mixed in.

*unless they are going to have MMA matches, which would be interesting especially if they allow soccer kicks, knees and stomps, since they are in a ring and seem to be open to trying things. In which case some respectable MMA fighters could fill the roll I mentioned above. It just has to be more than JUST freakshows, for me to keep watching - and I would think a lot of other fights fans would agree.

I was at a loss for words how embarrassingly bad that entire event was. If I had more faith in humanity I would assume it was intentionally sabotaged from within. I don't even know where to begin with the criticism.

It’s surprising that triller is allowed to put on shows with production like that. Snoop dogg talking shit and screaming Dana white where’s my money! Production wise the show was just ghetto.

I was at a loss for words how embarrassingly bad that entire event was. If I had more faith in humanity I would assume it was intentionally sabotaged from within. I don't even know where to begin with the criticism.
Yeah you KNOW there's an huge population of whiskey tango trailer folk that loved every second of it like it was the new episode of Ow My Balls.

eh its entertainment and triller snoop is better than any ufc commentator by a mile.
As a musician though right? At commentating on fights he's shit, more boring and cringe than Dom Cruz and hell at least Dom is knowledgeable.

The production sucks ass in Boxing and the commentary is like Adesanya/Blachowicz every single fight with a -5000 favorite. I don't know why anyone would bother to follow boxing. I'm only interested in the really big fights that happen maybe once a year, if that.

The worst part is ONE, with the musical intros was/os better/more polished with literally everything. And one intros are corny as hell

I want Violence not Vanity Fair.

You can tell where the substance is and where shit is piled high...

Fortunately Khabib was at hand with "Russian Link".

upload_2021-4-19_16-9-16.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back