UFC PRIZE MONEY... GOING TO OTHER COUNTRIES

-guerilla-

Founder of the Louisville fight club est..1993
Banned
Reaction score
Many of you do not believe that Americans are falling behind in MMA

I have been preaching this line for many years

very few seem to agree with my assessment

So if you can't agree that Americans are falling behind in MMA tell me where the majority of the UFC purses end up?

I'm really a fight Logistics kind of guy and pay very little attention to who gets paid what and zero attention to drama and salacious details

It's mathematically clear that the majority of top-ranked athletes that participate in the UFC are not Americans

In fact it's as low as 32% in the current heavyweight division.
http://rankingmma.com/ufc-rankings/heavyweight/

So if Americans are not even the majority of the people competing in the UFC where does the money go?

Last edited:
Ireland has certainly benefited over the last 5 years

Aruba, Jamaica
Bermuda, Bahama

Soon it will all go to Daghestan. I have a feeling that they are breeding the next generation of monsters over there as we speak.

Tell me where do taxes go if a fight happens in Vegas or other state? If we talking about purses so to say pure profit I bet UFC as a company let alone Dana made way more than those foreigners.

In a related story:

US tax system on foreign income is brutal for Americans woking abroad. FATCA that Obama implemented led to unprecedented numbers of Americans renouncing their citizenship. And I can't blame them honestly.

I'm guessing most American UFC fighters who fight on the foreign cards are making less money.

Last edited:
Soon it will all go to Daghestan. I have a feeling that they are breeding the next generation of monsters over there as we speak.

yes they do...make me wonder where all those Russian freestyle wrestlers have been all these years???

Brazil has/had the most champs.

For the longest time Aldo, Barao, Silva were the most dominant and popular champs. There's not many 'Murican champs especially dominating ones. We have DC and Jon Jones now. But all the non HWs were mostly non-americans. lol Surprised that 'Muricans dominate the heaviest division?

You are framing the question in a way to make your argument.

Lets make it clear:
You are comparing American fighters to all non-American fighters. There are still more American fighters in the UFC than any other nationality in the world.

So when you say American's are not the majority, that is technically correct as you have defined the issue but it is also deceptive and dishonest. Among all nationalities in the UFC American fighters are the majority. There is no other nationality that has more fighters than Americans.

And what all of that has to do with the thread title, I'm not sure. The organization is the premiere MMA organization in the world. It is pretty impressive that a country like the USA with only 4.4% of the world's population makes up 32% (assuming your stat is correct) of the fighters in the best MMA organization in the world.

For the longest time Aldo, Barao, Silva were the most dominant and popular champs. There's not many 'Murican champs especially dominating ones. We have DC and Jon Jones now. But all the non HWs were mostly non-americans. lol Surprised that 'Muricans dominate the heaviest division?

It's much more of a surprise that Americans don't completely dominate the HW division and how thin it is and devoid of the best fighters. You would think it would be the opposite. Given how big America is, literally and figuratively.

huh? The USA has more UFC title wins than any other country. DJ, Jon Jones, Matt Hughes, Randy, DC, Rousey, Tito, Shamrock, Shamrock, Miletich, Liddell, Dillasnake, Tim Sylvia, Penn, Holloway, Miocic, Dom, Benson, Tyron, Weidman, and Cain are all americans..

Jon is #2 all time. DJ is #3. Hughes is #5. Randy is #6.

Those four alone have more wins in title matches than any other nation's fighters.
Jon and DJ combined have more title wins (23) than Jose, Spider, and Barao combined.

It's not even close. You are simply factually incorrect by any measure.

Many of you do not believe that Americans are falling behind in MMA

I have been preaching this line for many years

very few seem to agree with my assessment

So if you can't agree that Americans are falling behind in MMA tell me where the majority of the UFC purses end up?

I'm really a fight Logistics kind of guy and pay very little attention to who gets paid what and zero attention to drama and salacious details

It's mathematically clear that the majority of top-ranked athletes that participate in the UFC are not Americans

In fact it's as low as 32% in the current heavyweight division.

So if Americans are not even the majority of the people competing in the UFC where does the money go?
The money goes.........to Dana and WME. They are just "insourcing" cheap labor.

Back