UFC/Pride Heavyweight Champions with least-to-most Top 10 ranked wins at Heavyweight.

the sheer effort to discredit Fedor is fun to watch

the guy dominates PRIDE which was the #1 org at the time for 200 & up.

he then goes to Affliction and fucks up the 2 previous UFC HW champs

then he goes to SF and loses some fights

fighters are supposed to be out of their prime in their 30's. it happens to everyone who fights long enough.

I feel sorry for people who missed Fedor in his prime. he was a wrecking ball. it was part of my intro to professional MMA and I remember his fights fondly.

I even cringe watch him in bellator and then feel bad afterwards[/QUOTE]
Agreed. That's why I chose not to ever argue. I just smile and nod.

Mark Coleman beating Akira Shoji is a more impressive win than Werdum over Cain according to this thread lol

Number of Japanese HWs relevant anywhere in the world post-Pride: Zero

Number of Japanese LHWs relevant anywhere in the world post-Pride: Zero

Number of Japanese MWs relevant anywhere in the world post-Pride: One (Okami)

Number of Japanese fighters combined on the resumes of Fedor, Nog, and CC: 30

The 3 HW GOATs have a combined 30 fights against opponents from a country that has produced one relevant fighter over 170 in the last 15 years.

the sheer effort to discredit Fedor is fun to watch

the guy dominates PRIDE which was the #1 org at the time for 200 & up.

he then goes to Affliction and fucks up the 2 previous UFC HW champs

then he goes to SF and loses some fights

fighters are supposed to be out of their prime in their 30's. it happens to everyone who fights long enough.

I feel sorry for people who missed Fedor in his prime. he was a wrecking ball. it was part of my intro to professional MMA and I remember his fights fondly.

I even cringe watch him in bellator and then feel bad afterwards
Agreed. That's why I chose not to ever argue. I just smile and nod.[/QUOTE]

wise man

The 3 HW GOATs have a combined 30 fights against opponents from a country that has produced one relevant fighter over 170 in the last 15 years.

Excellent analysis by the most prolific clueless nerd in sherdog. Somebody give him a medal

Excellent analysis by the most prolific clueless nerd in sherdog. Somebody give him a medal

Don't take it so personal dude. It's not my fault your heroes all went to shit on U.S soil after crushing cans in fights that wouldn't even get sanctioned in the states.

Semmy fought 19 Japs...19

He's like 7ft and 300 lbs lol

Don't take it so personal dude. It's not my fault your heroes all went to shit on U.S soil after crushing cans in fights that wouldn't even get sanctioned in the states.

Semmy fought 19 Japs...19

He's like 7ft and 300 lbs lol

Dude you dont know shit about Semmy Shit or any of those Japanese people.

You spend a large portion of your life hating on fighters...on whom you could not deliver a half decent assesment of their skill-set to save your life.

Nothing personal, I actually wish you to get better as you are definitely in a low point judging by your hobby aforementioned

Dude you dont know shit about Semmy Shit or any of those Japanese people.

You spend a large portion of your life hating on fighters...on whom you could not deliver a half decent assesment of their skill-set to save your life.

Nothing personal, I actually wish you to get better as you are definitely in a low point judging by your hobby aforementioned

Cool thanks dude.

Maybe now you can quit quoting me and dedicating posts about me to ther posters.

Cheers.

Cool thanks dude.

Maybe now you can quit quoting me and dedicating posts about me to ther posters.

Cheers.

Nah there is a chance I describe you again in case I come across any of your multiple illiterate posts regarding Pride. Maybe not. Hope you get better, though.

Nah there is a chance I describe you again in case I come across any of your multiple illiterate posts regarding Pride. Maybe not. Hope you get better, though.

Thank God the rest of the 'doggers have you to do that for them. Heaven forbid they form their own opinions.

And "unintelligible" is the word you're looking for, not "illiterate"

Moron

Thank God the rest of the 'doggers have you to do that for them. Heaven forbid they form their own opinions.

And "unintelligible" is the word you're looking for, not "illiterate"

Moron

I just checked in Google given that English isnt my native language.

1. having little or no education

2. showing or marked by a lack of acquaintance with the fundamentals of a particular field of knowledge

I was 100% correct. "illiterate" is the word that describes your posts

I just checked in Google given that English isnt my native language.

1. having little or no education

2. showing or marked by a lack of acquaintance with the fundamentals of a particular field of knowledge

I was 100% correct. "illiterate" is the word that describes your posts

Keep at it lol.

The 3 HW GOATs have a combined 30 fights against opponents from a country

Ye, among those:

Kazuyuki Fujita - beat UFC champions Mark Kerr & Ken Shamrock
Hidehiko Yoshida - beat UFC champions Don Frye, Maurice Smith, & UFC interim title challenger Mark Hunt
Kazushi Sakuraba - beat UFC champions: Rampage, K. Shamrock, Belfort, Randleman, Mezger, Royce Gracie
Enson Inoue - beat UFC champion Randy Couture
Satoshi Ishii - beat UFC champion Tim Sylvia, and UFC title challengers Pedro Rizzo & Monson
Kyoshi Tamura - beat UFC champions Maurice Smith, Dave Menne, and UFC title challenger Jeremy Horn and UFC tournament runner up Patrick Smith
Tsuyoshi Koshaka - beat UFC champion Maurice Smith and UFC title challenegers Kimo Leopoldo and Pete Williams
Ikuhisa Minowa - beat UFC champion Don Frye, and UFC title challenger Kimo Leopoldo
Hiromitsu Kanehara - beat UFC champion Dave Menne & UFC title challenger Jeremy Horn
Yoshihisa Yamamoto - beat UFC champion Mark Kerr
Ryushi Yanagisawa - beat UFC champion Oleg Taktarov, and UFC tournament runner-up Paul Varleans
Naoya Ogawa - beat UFC tournament runner-up Gary Goodridge
Sane Kikuta - beat UFC title challenger Jeremy Horn

So, those Japs have 19 wins vs UFC champions and 12 UFC title challengers and tournament runner-ups.

In those times Japan was center of combat world with 3 major MMA organizations: Pride, Pancrase, RINGS + K-1.
Of course there were plenty of Japanese fighters fighting in front of their audience in their organisations which had the strongest competition in the world and which paid the best in the world, and in rules that are better suited for their traditional martial arts like judo and jiu jitsu.

Ye, among those:

Hidehiko Yoshida - beat UFC champions Don Frye, Maurice Smith, & UFC interim title challenger Mark Hunt
Kazushi Sakuraba - beat UFC champions: Rampage, K. Shamrock, Belfort, Randleman, Mezger, Royce Gracie
Satoshi Ishii - beat UFC champion Tim Sylvia, and UFC title challengers Pedro Rizzo & Monson
Kyoshi Tamura - beat UFC champions Maurice Smith, Dave Menne, and UFC title challenger Jeremy Horn and UFC tournament runner up Patrick Smith
Tsuyoshi Koshaka - beat UFC champion Maurice Smith and UFC title challenegers Kimo Leopoldo and Pete Williams
Ikuhisa Minowa - beat UFC champion Don Frye, and UFC title challenger Kimo Leopoldo
Hiromitsu Kanehara - beat UFC champion Dave Menne & UFC title challenger Jeremy Horn
Ryushi Yanagisawa - beat UFC champion Oleg Taktarov, and UFC tournament runner-up Paul Varleans

So, those Japs have 19 wins vs UFC champions and 12 UFC title challengers and tournament runner-ups.

In those times Japan was center of combat world with 3 major MMA organizations: Pride, Pancrase, RINGS + K-1.
Of course there were plenty of Japanese fighters fighting in front of their audience in their organisations which had the strongest competition in the world and which paid the best in the world, and in rules that are better suited for their traditional martial arts like judo and jiu jitsu.

No Jap fighter over 170 currently relevant anywhere in the world. Period. Fedor, Nog, CC, And Semmy have 49 combined. When Akira Shoji is a top 10 HW, well...

That was a long post tho lol. Nice job

Ye, among those:

"UFC champ Taktarov...UFC Tournament Runner-up Paul Varelan." LMAO

Bless your little heart

The big issue of course was post Pride the money to target Japanese fighters wasnt there nearly as much, espeically ay HW and LHW. Guys like Yoshida, Nakamura, Ogawa and Fujita all wouldnt have been involved in MMA if serious cash hadnt been thrown at them. Ishii was really the only big name Japanese HW from another sport attracted to MMA post Pride and he ended up being mostly a bust.

Its true as well of course that Japanese orgs did tend to have more lower level native fighters involved(as is the case with most orgs, lower level talent will be local) but Crocop beating guys like Kanehara and Oyama is hardly the main basis for his rep.

Alistair Overeem
alistair_overeem.jpg

Overeem's resume:

#7 Sergei Kharitonov
#9 Brett Rogers
#3 Fabricio Werdum
#2 Brock Lesnar
#9 Frank Mir
#3 Junior dos Santos
#8 Andrei Arlovski
#6 Mark Hunt
#2 Fabricio Werdum