UFC PPV 50$ vs DAZN 10$

ZOD66

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
12-month subscription to DAZN would cost about 110$ for access to more than 80 live boxing and Bellator events per year.

Dana and Showtime are in trouble

If the UFC doesnt get with the times and make a subscription based service they will fall behind. This is how it works.

However I am optimistic given the recent ESPN deal that they will eventually offer all PPVs on ESPN+ or Fight Pass.

Last edited:
In germany we only pay like 10 Euros for a sport chanel with the UFC events, boxing and all that other sport shit. So I guess it's a special US-rip-off for you guys ...

In germany we only pay like 10 Euros for a sport chanel with the UFC events, boxing and all that other sport shit. So I guess it's a special US-rip-off for you guys ...

Yeah but you have to live in Germany so....

if UFC did this I wouldn't mind subbing tbh.

Yeah but you have to live in Germany so....
Nah, most ppl in germany are free and have the ressources to go the fuck anywhere they want. Which is another great point on the list why germany is only half bad.

Major downside for most would be being-german, tho. There are some really, really unlucky ppl here lol.

If the UFC doesnt get with the times and make a subscription based service they will fall behind. This is how it works.

However I am optimistic given the recent ESPN deal that they will eventually offer all PPVs on ESPN+ or Fight Pass.
Yeah, its not like they keep on breaking PPV records...

Yeah, its not like they keep on breaking PPV records...
Eventually meaning in the future. I dont see the PPV model existing 5 years from now. But I think that even if you factor outliers like the Conor-Khabib fight the average PPV numbers are declining every year and most cards do dog shit numbers these days.

I was sceptical of Hearn and DAZN with only Joshua as a real headliner but the signing of Canelo has changed the game.

Time to move to Germany.
As you all might know, we, the germans, and germany as a total are happy to welcome any of you little foreign fruits in the present and unspecific future in unlimited numbers.

It's like the modern version of "Am deutschen Wesen soll die Welt genesen."

I remember when the early UFC’s were like $15 or $20.

I wonder if they realize the amount of buys they would get if their cards were more reasonable.

if ufc events were free on espn would they make a good profit (ufc)

Were subsidised by USA

In the Netherlands it's on FOX Sports and per 2019 it'll be on VeronicaTV owned by John de Mol he also has Glory Kickboxing broadcasting rights since a couple of months.

It's unknown if they'll show live UFC events and also unknown if they will show main cards only or also the prelims. It's also unknown if they'll have original broadcasting or Dutch commentary and a studio to switch straight after the fight ends like they do with Glory.

Luckily we've internet.

You forgot to mention that we also have to endure 2 amateur commentators when watching UFC. I had to turn it off because they were so bad. Bought the ppv through PS4 for 13$ instead which is still way cheaper than in america.

Back