UFC pays for Bobby Green's brother's funeral

You know, the inner Sherdogger Cynic in me can't help but see this as a great PR moment....

If the UFC paid their fighters better, then Mr. Green would be able to afford the funeral on his own. However they don't pay their fighters well as a whole, and its cheaper to pay for this funeral, look good and charitable to the public, but still get away with still not having to pay their fighters more..........

Great PR move....

How much funeral costs in USA?

Average is $12000. $8000 on the cheaper end. It's so expensive that there is a market for the elderly to purchase final expense coverage. It's like life insurance, but it's just enough to cover your funeral so your kids don't have to. So this is a cool thing for the UFC to do. Bobby's not a big money fighter coming from big money. So $12000 is not easy for him to come up with. Very classy move for the UFC.

I hope the UFC can keep this kid of thing up. Always makes it easier to be a fan.

I tip my hat to Dana, and the UFC for stepping up to help a fighter in need. Classy on their behalf.

Average is $12000. $8000 on the cheaper end. It's so expensive that there is a market for the elderly to purchase final expense coverage. It's like life insurance, but it's just enough to cover your funeral so your kids don't have to. So this is a cool thing for the UFC to do. Bobby's not a big money fighter coming from big money. So $12000 is not easy for him to come up with. Very classy move for the UFC.
Holly shit! For $12000 i can build house

i got lot of respect for the folks at the UFC and Zuffa right now.

Man, that's really nice of the ufc to do that. It must've took a lot of weight on Bobby's shoulders. Like someone else said, i'll be rooting for Bobby in his next fight.

Good on them. I remember how impressed Dana was with Bobby's first UFC fight.

Man, that's really nice of the ufc to do that. It must've took a lot of weight on Bobby's shoulders. Like someone else said, i'll be rooting for Bobby in his next fight.
I've been rooting for Bobby since he took it out of the judges' hands after a horrible Winslow standup in the 3rd and sent Christmas packing.

they should give ross pearson his win bonus

Well done from the UFC.
I wish they did a lot more IMO. They don't do enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back