UFC pays Drakkar Klose his show money

Apply the situation/logic to a different profession besides fighting.

You're a window washer. A company hires you and another guy to come wash their building. You arrive the day before and the other window washer pushes you. You are too injured to wash any windows and go home without working.

Why should the company still pay you for work you didn't do? Shouldn't your gripe be with the guy who pushed you in the first place?
Bro what the fuck

If you're at work and your co-worker injures you so you can't work, the company is going to pay you. Fuck, you could probably take the guy to court and he'd have to pay you LOL

Jeremy "I can't let you get Klose" Stephens

You're a window washer. A company hires you and another guy to come wash their building. You arrive the day before and the other window washer pushes you. You are too injured to wash any windows and go home without working.

Why should the company still pay you for work you didn't do? Shouldn't your gripe be with the guy who pushed you in the first place?

Are you retarded or just really high?

Bro what the fuck

If you're at work and your co-worker injures you so you can't work, the company is going to pay you. Fuck, you could probably take the guy to court and he'd have to pay you LOL

These are not co-workers. These are independent contractors. Those are 2 very different things.

What the??? That’s the craziest comparison I e seen on this site. And that’s saying something.

Which part don't you agree with? C'mon a take a stab at discussion, I'm not going to flame you for trying.

The UFC created this entire situation themselves. If they’d didn’t hype up every little bit of drama between fighters you probably wouldn’t see a fighter try to hurt their opponent before the actual fight.

Lol for what? Pulling out of a fight because a push “concussed” him?

Soy era of MMA.

<DisgustingHHH>

Good deal!

Still a tad irradiated we lost a match over antics but least it was nothing of much significance.

Which part don't you agree with? C'mon a take a stab at discussion, I'm not going to flame you for trying.
What do you mean? There’s no discussion to be had. Why would anyone compare it to a different profession? Let’s use your logic. You could then have the window washers do media, take drug tests, decide what is optimal window washing weight and make them cut to it, bet on who washes the windows the best in Vegas, and they can punch each other while doing it. . Let’s use your logic to discuss why steak shouldn’t have the same nutritional value as an apple by comparing it to another food. But thanks for the opportunity anyway. We can’t debate or discuss cuz we have no common ground. There’s no comparing this to a different profession.

Yeah, both working for the UFC

If 2 independant contractors are hired by the same company, and one of them injures the other, the company will pay

There is no negligence by the employer in this case. The employer does not have a duty to ensure that the contractor’s employees perform their work safely.

What do you mean? There’s no discussion to be had. Why would anyone compare it to a different profession? Let’s use your logic. You could then have the window washers do media, take drug tests, decide what is optimal window washing weight and make them cut to it, bet on who washes the windows the best in Vegas, and they can punch each other while doing it. . Let’s use your logic to discuss why steak shouldn’t have the same nutritional value as an apple by comparing it to another food. But thanks for the opportunity anyway. We can’t debate or discuss cuz we have no common ground. There’s no comparing this to a different profession.

I compared independent contractors to other independent contractors. You should try a basic google search to understand the premise of the argument.

Jim Miller reveals UFC paid him “a fraction” of his purse for canceled UFC 258 fight: “I made a couple thousand dollars”

Jim Miller was disappointed he ended up not getting to fight at UFC 258 after making weight. But, what was worse is the fact he went home without his full paycheck.

Miller was set to face Bobby Green in the prelim headliner of UFC 258 in February. However, at weigh-ins, Green fainted and the fight was called off. For Miller, he says it sucked for him to not fight given he took the fight on a week’s notice and cut a ton of weight.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exc...58-fight-i-made-a-couple-of-thousand-dollars/

That's a shitty way to do business on the UFC's part. Seems to me that if a guy officially makes weight for the fight, he should get paid full show money regardless of whether the other fighter is in shape to fight.

Tell me more about this insane hypothetical. Are you injured by this other window washer at a job-related function like a training?

Companies generally have to have workers' compensation Insurance in case of work-related injuries and it protects independent contractors as well as employees. Specific details depend on state law and the terms of the policy.

Workers comp would not protect you if you were injured off the job, like if the other window washer ran into you at a McDonald's on your day off and attacked you there.

I compared independent contractors to other independent contractors. You should try a basic google search to understand the premise of the argument.
You should try the premise of realizing those aren’t equal in comparison no more than meat is a food and grain is a food. Different professions. There’s absolutely no comparison whatsoever. But you die on this hill and continue to think you’re smarter than you are.

Good for Drakkar.
- I hope they remake that fight again really soon and I hope that Jeremy Stephens got a really stern "do NOT, ever, do that again" talking to. I like Stephens fighting but he is always so close to exploding, dude's got a delicate hair-trigger.

Back