UFC pays Drakkar Klose his show money

In all reality he could've sued, it's good that they took care of him.

Good for him, he did everything possible to make the fight happen

"After some back and forth"

lmao were they seriously considering not paying this guy?

He probably wanted more than his show money. The company may also have asked to be released from liability for his injuries. Who knows. People who do business (effectively) have lawyers and negotiate agreements, it’s normal.

(It’s also the ultimate drama Queen reporting this news, so “back and forth” might have meant two emails)

Jim Miller reveals UFC paid him “a fraction” of his purse for canceled UFC 258 fight: “I made a couple thousand dollars”

Jim Miller was disappointed he ended up not getting to fight at UFC 258 after making weight. But, what was worse is the fact he went home without his full paycheck.

Miller was set to face Bobby Green in the prelim headliner of UFC 258 in February. However, at weigh-ins, Green fainted and the fight was called off. For Miller, he says it sucked for him to not fight given he took the fight on a week’s notice and cut a ton of weight.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exc...58-fight-i-made-a-couple-of-thousand-dollars/

That sucks, although it does seem that guys in that situation are often able to turn around and get rebooked with someone else fairly soon. Getting paid less than you hop we’re going to isn’t ideal, but to get a check, sustain no damage, and then turn around and do it again for the full payday in a month isn’t bad. Harder for guys who cut a ton of weight obviously

What were the negotiations? Were they discussing rebooking the fight and seeing if the time line would be short enough? Were they looking into a new fight for him? Just because there was a negotiation first does not mean he wasn't always gonna get paid.

You’re doing this wrong. You’re supposed to immediately pass judgement without giving it two seconds of thought.

It's actually hilarious how much of a penny pinching organization the UFC is. Considering they only pay the fighters less than 20 percent of total revenue, they would at least do the right thing in these kind of situations. But nope you have to negotiate with them for a few grand for something that's not your fault.

I guess that's why Endeavour considers UFC it's best money making asset. With how many they screw their fighters it's no wonder they are pulling in so much profit.

Next time he'll know not to stand Klose to Heathens

He probably wanted more than his show money. The company may also have asked to be released from liability for his injuries. Who knows. People who do business (effectively) have lawyers and negotiate agreements, it’s normal.

(It’s also the ultimate drama Queen reporting this news, so “back and forth” might have meant two emails)

I highly doubt that he asked for more show money. If history tells you anything the UFC has consistently tried to pay the fighters a portion of their purse in cancellation situations. The Jim Miller article posted is just one example

I clicked in to write "classy move by the UFC" until I read your comment.

They deserve no praise, as they've stiffed dozens of fighters over the years whose fights were canceled at the last minute due to no fault of their own.

"After some back and forth"

lmao were they seriously considering not paying this guy?

Apply the situation/logic to a different profession besides fighting.

You're a window washer. A company hires you and another guy to come wash their building. You arrive the day before and the other window washer pushes you. You are too injured to wash any windows and go home without working.

Why should the company still pay you for work you didn't do? Shouldn't your gripe be with the guy who pushed you in the first place?

Apply the situation/logic to a different profession besides fighting.

You're a window washer. A company hires you and another guy to come wash their building. You arrive the day before and the other window washer pushes you. You are too injured to wash any windows and go home without working.

Why should the company still pay you for work you didn't do? Shouldn't your gripe be with the guy who pushed you in the first place?
What the??? That’s the craziest comparison I e seen on this site. And that’s saying something.

Back