UFC - paid posters?

Pretty much this:

I noticed that most of them have abnormally high post-per-day averages.. ranging from 35 - 55 posts every single day. So I'm guessing UFC shills earning an extra buck on a side to supplement their part time jobs

McGreGOATs Left: 37 posts per day
I see stiffness: 37 posts per day
somervillecr: 51 posts per day

Yet again, the OG of Conor nut hugging is left out. I've been around longer than all of those clowns.

Yet again, the OG of Conor nut hugging is left out. I've been around longer than all of those clowns.

No offence, but a 2012 join date and an average of 5 posts per day doesn't exactly scream "UFC shill" to me

Would have said Bellator did back in the Bjork era. Remember they had Barstool Sports pumping their tires for the PPV and i just remember thinking how awkward it was since the Barstool guys are clueless when it comes to MMA.

You're assuming because some have different opinion from you they must be paid posters. It's silly.

I never said people with different opinions are paid posters.
I said real fans have different opinions.
However, it's not beneficial for the UFC when fans have different opinions. They want favorable opinions to sell their fights.

You don't think any real fans appreciate mm?

How many "real fans" are willing to shell out $60 to watch a fight carried by MM?
Apparently, not too many, proven by the fact that MM fights don't sell.

If the UFC just let the real fans voice their opinions, that's not beneficial for the UFC.

Yep, forums are old media and this is where Dana sends his D-level posters to shill. The real money's in Facebook/Youtube/Reddit comments.

Haha, this is awesome! "D-level posters" LMAO! Those guys were for sure D-level shills, because I remember back in the days when Zuffa used to own the UFC, those shills were pretty easy to spot. All I had to do was check their posting history, and boom, most of their threads are about the same topic!

I don't know how many of you visits Tech websites or else you would have seen numerous people on comment section spewing marketing propaganda all over the place. Many of them have multiple sock puppet accounts for doing this. Whenever a new posters shows up in the comment section for praising or wanting competition's hardware these shills & their sockpuppet a/cs act fast to humiliate that guy so he no longer shows up in the site. Can you believe a guy made 9500 disqus comments under 7 days only to defend Nvidia's GTX 970 VRAM issue?

Also from other side of web, visit any article written on any kind of Warner Brother's DC movie, you will see some core group of people always trashing them while praising Marvel's movie. Now to some extent they are true, but rigorous monotonous kind of trashing will get you at some point. I have followed some of their disqus a/c & they seem to propagate same kind of bullshits all over the place.

Now if things like that can happen in other industry then why not in MMA?

And lastly many people on this forum are undervaluing the significance of Sherdog. You know dedicated forums like this always be the bare bone of the community. No company will want to abandon their core group of fan base. But to promote themselves on dedicated forums, they bring more creative approach than the one you will see in social media like youtube ,facebook or twitter.

Don't live under the rock. It's possible & I agree with the notion of TS, @MMAart @J bernie cunningham

Doesn't seem far fetched when major companies use staff to monitor all forms of multimedia to get feedback & buzz about a movie, product, or anything they're trying to push at the time. You ever get phone calls with someone who wants you to do a survey.

This stuff definitely happens, both with companies and politics. And sometimes it's pretty obvious. There's definitely shills on Sherdog as well.

A video about it.

Oh, and this is for the people who want to see proofs that the UFC / Zuffa hired professional marketing shills to post back in the days:

2ecp4av.jpg

Post count/day ratio is more commonly known as the "loser ratio".

I doubt they're paid well, But I wouldn't be surprised.

I dunno, TS, but I put anyone who starts a thread about Cyborg on ignore just in case.

Can't be too careful.

giphy.gif

Some of us just have jobs that give us a LOT of free time. I literally have nothing to do in the office until someone asks me to do something...and they pay me pretty well for what I do. Granted, when they do need me, I have a valuable skillet that actually saves the company money ($100k+ so far in 2016) so I basically pay for my own salary.

That is one valuable motherfucking pan man.

Back