UFC - paid posters?

I am a ufc poster,i am from the ufc,the ufc pays me. I have to take a substantially large Reebok deduction on each check though.

I like this thread. It's becoming very insightful.

People should research online marketing and how it's grown. This idea that the internet isn't important to people with money is so detached from reality it's kind of amazing to see so many people still think that way.

Surely noone employed by the UFC would ever see an open communication platform that reaches millions of MMA fans as worth their time..... :)

they already have official platforms that get repeated here by regular posters. what could a paid poster say here that they (ufc) can't say somewhere else? and what would be said that would be different from the thousands of opinions on here every day?

tinfoilcap_timeline_EN.png

Well I guess I can say I've seen aliens, bigfoot and a flat earth first hand then.

Next thing you know people will claim fighters themselves post here! Right Ian? Lol....

they already have official platforms that get repeated here by regular posters. what could a paid poster say here that they (ufc) can't say somewhere else? and what would be said that would be different from the thousands of opinions on here every day?

If tomorrow you noticed 8 people bring up Todd Hemmedcock and how good he is, would you try to find out who Todd Hemmedcock is?

You can say no, but the answer for 99% of people is yes. And in fighting you don't need people to totally love or hate you, you need them to be interested.

It's not this seismic shift of public interest when one guy posts "conor bless", no one's suggesting that. It's more like how a drop of water isn't much alone, but a light rain can help things grow.

Almost guaranteed. UFC is in the image business, which is one of the many things it shares with WWE. One thread (positive or negative) on the most-viewed MMA forum in the world can be worth several hundred, or even thousands, of dollars for the good or bad in terms of promoting certain events or fighters.

The posts that say things like, "You guys bitch about everything, are you even real fans?" set off the biggest alarms for me. It's obviously a company line that is repeated in substantially similar ways in multiple contexts (watered-down cards, fighter pay, boring fights, etc.), and it's a defense that attempts to ignore or evade basically any substantial criticism.

More importantly, it's a completely senseless argument. It's not an argument someone would be likely to make unless they were either on the dole or completely devoid of the capacity for rational thought (which happens too -- this IS Sherdog).

UFC has a social media team, whose job is to manage and cultivate social media, these people would be failing hard at their jobs if they didn't promote on SD and UG.

It's funny.... I walked past my coworker's desk and noticed he was on Sherdog. Weird to me since he knows I love MMA and he never talks about it to me and all the times I've ever mentioned Sherdog (which is a lot of times!) all he ever said was "what's a sherdog?"

Yet here he is clearly on the forum.. He clicks POST and shuts down his window. There are only maybe 10 of us in the office so I look around and nobody's watching. I touch him with the jab, quick, two times. He's out cold and I wipe the blood from his snotbox to avoid suspicion if anyone passed by. I press Ctl+Shft+T to reopen his last tab. Fucking asswipe was writing "I don't see why we should be concerned with fighter pay - fighters don't show up at my job and try to get me more pay so wtf?" or some shit like that.

In his downloads folder I found a fucking UFC pay stub.

Worst part is there was actually a fighter in the lobby trying to see our CFO to get my colleague more pay. He was dead wrong - fighters HAVE been showing up at our work trying to get us more pay... I was so mad I touched him with that jab at least 10 more times. And I didn't wipe his snotbox or anything else after that!

So, yeah, I think the UFC pays posters. To answer your question.

I came across an account with over 2000 posts and all of them were defending or promoting jones. Every Single Post. I get fanaticism, but this was on another level.

if Helwani posts here then yes
Supposedly he does. There was a guy who was supposedly him in a thread not long ago. People were explaining to him why he was banned in a different account or something.

You've earned it with idea's like water fights.

Haters don't realize how much they fuel things at times. Ronda wasn't doing monster numbers because she was loved by women. It was because people really felt that headkick was worth 60$. If you can keep a positive fanbase and gather that kinda interest, $$$$$$.
This just made me think about something... maybe the Ronda bullshit about beating guys up (when it got to the point of super redundancy)...

...but even more likely the Conner trolls might be MEANT to irritate people to lead them to tune in to see him get his ass kicked.
Maybe that's why there are many ridiculous troll threads about this guy.
NOOO!
CVN5Go5U4AEiOHv.jpg

You can't sell a lot on hate. Music, TV, movies, people don't buy cause they hate.

You can sell a fight on hate. Conor embraces it and uses the strategy great. Ronda's was more organic backlash from a push of feminism on the last people who would ever want it. But even she occasionally embraces the formula, despite her preferring people see her as an actual Captain Marvel.

If tomorrow you noticed 8 people bring up Todd Hemmedcock and how good he is, would you try to find out who Todd Hemmedcock is?

You can say no, but the answer for 99% of people is yes. And in fighting you don't need people to totally love or hate you, you need them to be interested.

It's not this seismic shift of public interest when one guy posts "conor bless", no one's suggesting that. It's more like how a drop of water isn't much alone, but a light rain can help things grow.
If there's a promising prospect you can bet you'll see 8 threads about him and it's not because they're being paid. The ufc doesn't need social media to influence who is the new next. They get that from fans social media. I have no doubt they follow forum chat and social media but to directly influence it is wasteful and unnecessary for them. Particularly a place like sherdog.

I have a late night webcam service with a paid UFC tattooed on my shaft.

There was a guy here a couple of weeks ago who literally admitted being an intern at ZUFFA.

I talked to him via PM for a while, his account is still active

He wasn't posting stupid shit to get people hyped though

There's never 8 threads about a prospect. The point was the louder you can make the noise about someone, the better. Even by a single decibel.

. The ufc doesn't need social media to influence who is the new next. They get that from fans social media.

You're making this distinction between UFC/Fighters and the rest of the population. But there isn't one. Everyone uses social media now. Dana personally responds to fans on twitter, you don't think he sees value in being able to push those fans in his preferred direction? Of course he does. Anyone selling anything does.

And those other platforms you brought up, they've been reformed to make money. Youtube/Facebook/Twitter are no longer the free advertising platforms they largely were. Comment sections and discussion forums are a direct line of communication to consumers, without the obstacle of being perceived as a seller.

Think of it like this;

If a guy knocks on your door and says "hi I'm with dire tires incorporated and wanna tell you about our great deal" you're gonna shut the door.

If he's a regular at a bar you go to, you talk to him a lot about everything, then one day he says "you ever need a deal on tires let me know" you're likely to listen.

Imagine in both scenarios the tires cost exactly the same. It's that basic idea that fuels the practice.

I wish I could get paid to post. I would swinging from the UFCs sack in a sec.

No shame.

Back