UfC "over saturated", but Lack of Events Coming Up

You're complaining about 2-3 week gaps between events? That is not a long gap. Back in my day, we waited 2-3 months.

[/old man voice]

I know what you mean, but with the way its been lately you get used to cards every week, so its dissapointing having gaps. Also it's not the gap, its having to wait so long between crappy fight night events

I know its not that far between events but among all that waiting, there's no good events. They're just sh*tty fight night cards. Have to wait all the way till the end of November to see a friggin Ronda Rousey fight. Going to be a dull couple of months in the world of MMA. At least we have the Bellator tornament though

Maybe they are on vacation or whatever.

What I don't get is that they said they would increase the number of event everey year .
By 2014 there were 44 events.

while in 2015 only 40 events are expected. WTF ???

Less is more. The UFC sold the most ppvs (8.8M), and had it's highest ratings in 2010, a year where they only held 24 events (14 ppvs and only 10 free events). As good as 2015 has been, it still won't match that by the end of the year. More spacing between events allows the UFC to put more time and resources into promoting these cards and building anticipation. The more events you have, the more you burn people out on watching them, plus you're spreading your pool of elite fighters thin to fuffil the bigger schedule. I like that the pacing they're doing for the rest of the year, because I get a little time to miss MMA, and appreciate the events we do get when they come.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/1...-conor-mcgregor-ufc-record-ppv-year-2015-2010

Last edited:
I just noticed this. the last few months have been cards galore more or less and September and October are dry, 2 cards per month more or less.

I have a mate visiting me in September and he wanted to watch some UFC, turns out there are no cards on when he's here. In October, when I go home, a mate wanted a 'fight night' with me but there's no cards on during the 3 week period when I'm home.

Shitty timing!

Like said above. The UFC knows that sales are better when football is out of season.

Back