UfC "over saturated", but Lack of Events Coming Up

carlosevenos

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Was just looking at the UfC schedule and there's a big lack of events coming up in the next couple of months. Unless I'm missing some, this is the following schedule.

UFC 191-september 5th

3 week gap

UFC Barnett vs Nelson- September 27th

UFC 192- October 3rd

3 week gap

UFC Poirier vs Duffy- October 24th

2 week gap

UFC Belfort vs Henderson 2

I know its not that far between events but among all that waiting, there's no good events. They're just sh*tty fight night cards. Have to wait all the way till the end of November to see a friggin Ronda Rousey fight. Going to be a dull couple of months in the world of MMA. At least we have the Bellator tornament though

Its unfortunate that dana white thinks joe silva does a good job. He has to be the most piss poor matchmaker ever.

I could do a better job than him and ufc ppv sales would be up 40-50%. True story

Maybe they are on vacation or whatever.

What I don't get is that they said they would increase the number of event everey year .
By 2014 there were 44 events.

while in 2015 only 40 events are expected. WTF ???

The UFC does not want to go head-to-head with college and pro football.

Its unfortunate that dana white thinks joe silva does a good job. He has to be the most piss poor matchmaker ever.

I could do a better job than him and ufc ppv sales would be up 40-50%. True story

what would you do differently?

I miss the days when cards were stacked and multiple fights on the PPV had me excited. I would take less cards for better cards 100%

I miss the days when cards were stacked and multiple fights on the PPV had me excited. I would take less cards for better cards 100%

Says the white belt.

I enjoyed the period (June/July/early August) where there was lots of cards but felt burned out by the end of it. I'm glad there's fewer events over the next few weeks.

i think these schedules are stupid

best to have on ufc at every week of the year than these big gaps

Personally I prefer the busier schedule, although at least there are some other good Bellator/WSOF shows coming up to fill the void.

The UFC does not want to go head-to-head with college and pro football.

This right here. People were complaining about too many watered down events in the spring, so the UFC is holding fewer events now and that sucks, but it has more to do with all the competition coming up. NFL, NCAAFB, European soccer, etc, all getting under way soon.

its not even that I mind the gaps too much, its the fact you have to wait almost a month to watch a fight night card. There's no good events hardly. Im waiting for December already and couldn't care less about much that's on before then besides maybe the cormier fight

what would you do differently?

Everything. Firstly i would change ppvs to 6 fights instead of 5 for ppvs with only one title fight. ( they have done it once in awhile but not that much). That way there is less dead time and more fighting.

Secondly i would focus more on building ppvs that people actually want to see (ufc 193 is a good example of shoddy card building)

Thirdly i would stick to marketing wmma on fox cards and undercards until there are more rondaesque stars.

I would just make much better cards in general. Sometimes he will stack an undercard of a fight night or fox card but will go skimpy on ppv main card which is 75% of their income. Makes absolutely zero sense.

Yeah I was surprise no UFC last saturday

I love how they can have 2 (or even 3) cards in a week, then go 3 weeks without any cards whatsoever. Then you got fighters (especially women) tweeting because they can't get fights.

I want to blame Fightpass, but it's probably just organizational incompetence as usual.

Back