UFC Openweight Division

Who needs to cut the most weight to hit 265?

That guy wins it.

This was the original idea for the UFC and also for the prideFC open weight Grand Prix. it was awesome.

Well, for some reason she just loves fighting. And since fans like her nerdy personality, she gets to keep her job.

true. and it's not like wmma is brimming with talented women fighters. so they keep them all...that's why they rarely if ever boot a female.

This was the original idea for the UFC and also for the prideFC open weight Grand Prix. it was awesome.

But how many actual talent, that wouldn't be able to cut to 265, existed at the time? I really don't think that we are losing much.

If a massively roided Ubereem didn't get over 265 at openweight in Japan, who would seriously go over the limit under USADA?

I’d like the idea of a 90 kg (200 lbs) and below 8 man tournament, no weight cutting, official weigh ins occurring the day prior and then Octagon side just before to the fight to enforce the rule. I’m guessing in theory guys from FW-MW could compete without there being a huge weight discrepancy.

Ryan Hall.

Assuming there are 4 stages the results:
1st fight- Wheelkick KO vs Ngannou
2nd fight- Imanari Roll vs Kamaru
3rd fight- Wheelkick sets up heel hook vs Stipe
4th fight- SD win vs Diego Sanchez

I know this is a joke but if you really think about it, heel hooks don't care how big you are . Look at what Lachlan Giles did at 2019 ADCC to roided up giants .

I know this is mma and not grappling only. But think about it: what does size of opponent have to do with the Imanari roll Hall did against BJ penn ? If anything, the bigger and slower your opponent is the better .

Im 170lb and the only submissions I ever get against my 200+ lb training partners are heel or leg locks of some kind .

Back