UFC on Sunday night?

nated0g43

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Anybody know the reasoning and logic behind this?

Is it a test? I can't remember them doing this before.

At least it starts at 10 and the last playoff game ends right before.

I could see it doing decent ratings because of this and also dueto the fact some (Not too many though) people get off Monday here in the states

I figured it was to capitalize off of the NFL playoffs, but I could be wrong.

Piggy Backing on the playoffs.

I like it.

Probably that's when fox told the UFC to hold the event .

Early sunday morning, like 1am for me. I won't be watching unfortunately.

6-7 hours of NFL will be enough TV for most. UFC will lose viewers by following that.

Nah, It's not like MMA fans are gonna skip it cus of the playoffs, and people who are watching the playoffs will see that UFC is coming up and decide to watch it.

Nah, It's not like MMA fans are gonna skip it cus of the playoffs, and people who are watching the playoffs will see that UFC is coming up and decide to watch it.

I might record it and watch it later. I plan to watch all 6-7 hours of NFL and then go do something else. But the UFC card is on FS1. I'm sure they'll advertise it on Fox main channel but that's during the early game. The late game "leading into" the UFC card is on CBS.

Anybody know the reasoning and logic behind this?

Is it a test? I can't remember them doing this before.

At least it starts at 10 and the last playoff game ends right before.

I could see it doing decent ratings because of this and also dueto the fact some (Not too many though) people get off Monday here in the states

Still would have made more sense to have the card on Saturday night. Maybe a minor league org like the UFC couldn't book a venue for that night in Boston.

Piggy Backing on the playoffs.

I like it.

Me too, especially since my Patriots are playing. I wonder if UFC President Dana White is going to make the game? I hope so, he is man!

For me, in the UK, this is a royal pain in the ass. I'll have to avoid the results all day on Monday at work before I get to watch it. I'll be surprised if I manage that. And that's annoying.

I know the world doesn't revolve around me, but I can't imagine too many people over here will be particularly keen to stay up to 6am on a Sunday night/Monday morning with work the next day.

Most UFC events are on at 3am over here, but at least you can watch them the next day, first thing, as it's a Sunday. This is really shit for the European audience.

i normally wouldnt like it because i want the mma to play on a night where i dont need to get up early the next day but my kids are out of school for martins day so i am all set.

For me, in the UK, this is a royal pain in the ass. I'll have to avoid the results all day on Monday at work before I get to watch it. I'll be surprised if I manage that. And that's annoying.

I know the world doesn't revolve around me, but I can't imagine too many people over here will be particularly keen to stay up to 6am on a Sunday night/Monday morning with work the next day.

Most UFC events are on at 3am over here, but at least you can watch them the next day, first thing, as it's a Sunday. This is really shit for the European audience.

true, but im on the rock and roll

Every UFC event is a royal pain in the ass to watch live in Europe. The main card starts literally at the worst possible time of the day. But what can you do

[COLOR="Red" said:
Cokane[/COLOR];102430159]For me, in the UK, this is a royal pain in the ass. I'll have to avoid the results all day on Monday at work before I get to watch it. I'll be surprised if I manage that. And that's annoying.

The answer is right there.

Back