UFC on FX 7 blows

I find I always get pumped up for the shitty cards. Cause if it ends up being a Boss event then you feel like a genius for believing in it. lol. You never know what sorts of crazy things will happen in MMA.

Agreed! Dana has 465 or so contracted fighters. With the number of events they put on every year...there is about 150-170 fights. Then if you do the math, why do some fighters fight 3 and 4 times in a year...and some - not at all? If I was Dana...I would try to scale back the stable! Have those guys stay more active...

Just callin it like I see it..I like Prado and wanna see him fight..but the Doberman is in the co main event? Whatttt!? He's 1-2 in his last three..not a rising prospect there..and I think everyone would love to watch our heroes from the past

Agreed! Dana has 465 or so contracted fighters. With the number of events they put on every year...there is about 150-170 fights. Then if you do the math, why do some fighters fight 3 and 4 times in a year...and some - not at all? If I was Dana...I would try to scale back the stable! Have those guys stay more active...

You don't understand the dynamics of scheduling in this context

they don't equal great fighters either. How many times have people been let down by a Crocop, Rampage, Wandy, Franklin, Forrest or Tito fight? None of them are even top fighters any more but for some reason people would rather watch them than a Barboza, Khabib or Alcantara..

Mma fans seem to have a much harder time letting go of older athletes and embracing new stars than other sports fans.

Franklin and Wanderlei are never in boring fights.

Names don't make fights... fighters make fights. There are enough events where it's one of the early fights that ends up banking bonuses while the main event high profile fighters dry hump each other for 15 minutes.

It's a reasonably good card for FX. It's got some good prospects on the undercard as well as some solid fights. The main card has their top Russian prospect vs a proven hand at LW, a solid HW scrap, the most promising fighter from TUF Brazil and a seriously good main event.

It's perfectly acceptable.

Yeah there aren't too many fighters on the card that I'm a big fan of, but there are some good matchups and I think it will be a fun event. I pretty much watch all the cards including all the prelims, it's part of being a diehard fan and I enjoy watching fighters I've never heard of fight and try to establish themselves.

Is Dolloway/Sarafian really the co-main event over Rothwell/Gonzaga? Because that is fucking dumb.

I'm happy to see Khabib Nurmagomedov fight again, dude is exciting.

Franklin vs Wandy 2 and Franklin vs Forrest were both boring.

I don't think we watched the same fight, Franklin/Wanderlei II was one of my favorite fights last year.

I am actually looking forward to rothwell, gonzaga
It should be a good fight

As of late the under cards have been better than the main card.

Quit bitchin' and play board games with your moms then, you mope...

You're not good at math are you?

Let me help you. In 2012 there were 31 events not counting UFC 151. With an average of 11 fights per card over the course of 31 events you have 341 fights. Since 2 people participate in each fight, that means 642 fighters competed. (Obviously not 642 different fighters).

So in summation: 2012 = 31 events + 11 fights (avg.) = 341 fights = 642 fighters.

You're not good at math are you?

Let me help you. In 2012 there were 31 events not counting UFC 151. With an average of 11 fights per card over the course of 31 events you have 341 fights. Since 2 people participate in each fight, that means 642 fighters competed. (Obviously not 642 different fighters).

So in summation: 2012 = 31 events + 11 fights (avg.) = 341 fights = 642 fighters.

plus of those 465 contracted fighters about one hundred are Strikeforce fighters so they shouldn't even be counted.

Back