UFC on FUEL 7 vs. UFC on FUEL 8

Jawth

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Both cards look awesome for free cards, let alone FUEL cards. Which do you think is more stacked? Which do you think will end up being better entertainment wise?

UFC on FUEL 7

Renan Barao vs. Michael Mcdonald
Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson
Jim Manuwa vs. Cyrille Diabate
Gunnar Nelson vs. Justin Edwards
James Te Huna vs. Ryan Jimmo
Matt Riddle vs. Che Mills
Terry Etim vs. Renee Forte
Paul Sass vs. Danny Castillo
Josh Grispi vs. Andy Ogle
Stanislav Nedkov vs. Tom Watson
Vaughan Lee vs. Motonobu Tezuka
Ulysses Gomez vs. Phil Harris

UFC on FUEL 8

Wanderlei Silva vs. Brian Stann
Stefan Struve vs. Mark Hunt
Diego Sanchez vs. Takanori Gomi
Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Dong Hyun Kim
Riki Fukuda vs. Brad Tavares
Marcelo Guimaraes vs. Hyun Gyu Lim
Cristiano Marcello vs. Kazuki Tokudome
Alex Caceres vs. Kyung Ho Kang
Takeya Mizugaki vs. Bryan Caraway

I think there will be another three or four fights added to the Japan card but I doubt they'll be high profile fights. Maybe they'll showcase some local talent. hope that Brown/Hardy makes it on the card but I don't think it will, if the fight ends up happening 158 will more than likely be where it takes place at.

I'm more excited for FUEL 8, because of Stann/Wand (should be a war for however long it lasts) Struve/Hunt (fun fight, either Struve by sub or Hunt by KO)
and Sanchez/Gomi (should be a great fight).

I'm still pretty excited about FUEL 7 though, Barao/McDonald and Siver/Swanson should be great standup fights.

Barao vs McDonald will be the greatest fight ever

Fuel 8. Seeing Hunto back will be a pleasure.

I love a lot of these fights.

Riddle vs. The British will be a fun saga.
Wand in Japan, shit is about to go down.
A defending interim champion!
Gunnar to continue being the Dark Horse.
Marcello and Wand on the same card :O

Have to say 7 as I am going. Barao-McDonald is a stupidly good fight on paper and anyone who moans about the main event because the names aren't bigger is an idiot.

the overall goodyness of Fuel 7 is topped by the sheer glee of finally seeing Hunt again at Fuel 8.

I think FUEL 8 has more star power. But FUEL 7 has some really interesting fights in it's own right. Barao may have had a less than stellar fight his last time out but he's a seriously talented kid going up against another very dangerous guy in Michael McDonald. Siver & Swanson are veteran guys who always come to fight and personally, I really enjoy watching Cyrille Diabate fight. I think the guy likely won't be making a title bid anytime soon but he's a tough dude and is skilled anywhere the fight goes. Also interested in seeing Ryan Jimmo fight again.

But all of that, in my opinion, is trumped by the sheer epicness of Wanderlei returning to Japan. Maybe my Pride geekdom is coming out but Silva in Japan against a guy that we all know will throwdown is all kinds of awesome. Also, there's no doubt that Struve / Hunt and Sanchez / Gomi will deliver.

Both of those are better than any fuel card ever. I'm pretty sure...

The only complaint about Fuel 7 is there are a couple of lopsided ones in there. Jimmo will destroy Te Huna and likewise with Manuwa destroying Diabate.

Jimmo vs Manuwa would have been a barnburner but both guys could make a title run with 3-4 fights so I guess they don't want to eliminate one of them so early

Ufc on Fuel 8 has more interesting fights, i think Wanderlei will break his hands on Stanns Chin.

fuel 8, it'll be nice to return to the Saitama Super Arena, plus it's packed with cool fighters

I'm giving the edge to Fuel 8, but both cards are absolutely beautiful.

Both are gonna be great but I'm looking forward to 7 more because I love the lighter weight classes and I have a feeling that wand will get knocked out and I don't want to see him lose again

Both are great, but I would take 8 over 7. Thankfully I don't have to choose.

Renan Barao vs. Michael Mcdonald
Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson

>>>>>>>

All of UFC on Fuel 8

Back