UFC on FOX 9 - Team Alpha Male

Berri

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
In the past few months, "Master Bang" has brought structure and order to the rowdy Team Alpha Male camp. Since then, their fighters in the UFC are undefeated, with an extremely high finishing rate. On the up-coming UFC on FOX 9 card, 3 of the headliners at Alpha Male (Urijah Faber, Chad Mendes, and Danny Castillo) are all fighting.

Any predictions for their matchups? Do you think they'll keep the dream alive? Also, a recent interview with Bang Ludwig was posted on the Sherdog home page regarding up-coming title opportunities for Joe Benavidez and Chad Mendes, and he perceived that Chad would likely receive a title shot first (which has since been dismissed by the announcement of Benavidez rematching Mighty Mouse). Who fares better in their future rematches, assuming they both get them, Mendes or Benavidez?

Chad has looked like a killer but Joe has come way closer to beating the current champ than anyone at Alpha Male has in their current weightclass, I pick Benavidez.

Benavidez has a way higher chance of beating MM this time around.

Mendes also has a chance at Aldo but Aldo is a killer.

Chad has looked like a killer but Joe has come way closer to beating the current champ than anyone at Alpha Male has in their current weightclass, I pick Benavidez.

Agree. And TS, I think all of them will get the W.

I think Mendes beats aldo in the rematch. I like Benevidez chances too.

Castillo is the worst out of all of them since you mentioned him fighting. To answer the thread, I think Benavidez has a better shot. All of the guys Mendes has faced don't have half the stand up Aldo has. I give him a good chance, but Benavidez is more likely to win

Castillo is the worst out of all of them since you mentioned him fighting. To answer the thread, I think Benavidez has a better shot. All of the guys Mendes has faced don't have half the stand up Aldo has. I give him a good chance, but Benavidez is more likely to win

Well, since you brought it up. They don't have much of any standup at all. Anybody in the FW top 10 could beat all the guys Mendes has faced in the past year and a half or so.

No one out of the Alpha Male camp has a chance versus Aldo.

Well, since you brought it up. They don't have much of any standup at all. Anybody in the FW top 10 could beat all the guys Mendes has faced in the past year and a half or so.

Both Elkins and Guida beat Hioki, who was ranked in the top 10 by pretty much every respectable site.

No one out of the Alpha Male camp has a chance versus Aldo.

Drivel. Mendes showed in the first four and half minutes of that fight that he can easily compete with Aldo. A cheating fence grab and a subsequent knee means he has no chance next time?

Back