UFC on FOX 7: Ben Henderson vs. Gilbert Melendez PBP (Discussion)

Scoring:
Derek Cleary Rds 1, 2 for Gil, 3, 4, 5 for Ben;
Wade Vierra Rd 1, 4, 5 for Gil, 2-3 for Ben;
Michael Bell 1, 5 for Gil, 2, 3, 4 Ben

What?!?! They have been going toe to toe for most of the fight.

I don't find the jabbity-jab-jab style of point fighting that exciting. I expected Bendo to be able to counter it and to actually do more than what he is doing.

333892.png

Sick card overall. Nice KOs. Brown impressed me.

My only losses were Gil and Larkin. :(

It was definitely close. Gilbert was certainly the aggressor the majority of the fight, but I felt certainly underwhelmed that none of his exchanges, combos, or any significant strikes resulted in any significant damage. Bendo was fighting for points too, but efficacy of strikes can also be interpreted to see the damage they have on their target.

Reminds me of Edgar/Bendo all over again. If you don't have the power to leave any marks on Bendo, it's going to look very bad for you.

If Bendo threw more to the leg it may have been a finish. Not sure why he laid off them late in the fight.

When we rewatch this fight we are going to see Ben dodging many punches with his back to the cage.

Scoring:

i have it 1,2,5 for gil... 3 for henderson, 4 maybe for bendo

I scored the odd rounds for Melendez and the even for Henderson but rounds 2,3&5 could have gone either way. had Gil applied more pressure in the last 60 seconds he would of got the nod.good close fight though could of gone either way.

I bet Pettis is glad he didnt wait around. I smell a rematch

Scoring:

Yeah, hard to score. Glad they all gave Gil first round. Maybe that first judge decided giving Bendo 5th because it maybe is for Gil but then again I think Bendo took 4th round so maybe second judge is wrong. Very very close fight

Scoring:

Cleary is an idiot. Gil had round 5 in the bag.

I'd love to see a Gil vs Showtime fight. Goddamn the LW division could be exciting if Aldo moves up too.

Its funny how GSP has been doing the exact same thing with racking up decision wins but no one seem to have a problem with it

ya there have never been any threads about gsp and decisions....

Gilbert is all class. So unlike the diaz brothers.

Gil was the aggressor for like 80% of the fight i dont get this. whatever Benson just fought a guy with a 11 month layoff and barely won.

Aggression and octagon control obviously doesn't count for shit anymore. I wonder why is it even still in the judging criteria if they obviously don't think much of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back