UFC on FOX 22: Urijah Faber vs Brad Pickett PBP (Discussion)

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Urijah_Faber_vs_Brad_Pickett.jpg

Hopefully Fabre he has a Chris Lytle exit and goes out with a win in a good fight.

Butt Chin split decision
Do you have some in depth psychological understanding of the individual judges that makes you think one judge will disagree with the other two?

Hopefully Fabre he has a Chris Lytle exit and goes out with a win in a good fight.
I'm rooting for Pickett. Faber's rich, Brad needs it more.

I do think Faber takes it but I like Pickett, too.

Do you have some in depth psychological understanding of the individual judges that makes you think one judge will disagree with the other two?

No it's how I see the fight ending. Faber never performs well against top contenders, without his overhand right or a guillitone he doesn't have many ways to finish the fight. That's not to say Pickett is a top contender but he is better than your average bum, mainly he's a tough fighter and can take a punch. Pickett will crack him a few times. I Think it goes the distance and a round/ or two are debatable during the fight. That's all. Realistically I could see a unanimous decision for faber being his last fight and in Sacramento. Either way faber wins and I think it's via decision.

No it's how I see the fight ending. Faber never performs well against top contenders, without his overhand right or a guillitone he doesn't have many ways to finish the fight. That's not to say Pickett is a top contender but he is better than your average bum, mainly he's a tough fighter and can take a punch. Pickett will crack him a few times. I Think it goes the distance and a round/ or two are debatable during the fight. That's all. Realistically I could see a unanimous decision for faber being his last fight and in Sacramento. Either way faber wins and I think it's via decision.
Nice breakdown. Legit. I have no problem with anyone predicting a decision, or a close decision

I take issue with people predicting splits (or UDs, for the same reason). The only difference between a split and a UD is that one of the judges saw it differently than the other two and that seems nearly impossible to rationally predict. If someone thought they both knew how the fight was going to go AND thought they understood individual judge's scoring tendencies then fair play.

I've just never seen anyone with that kind of insight and information.

It's not a commandment, I just get my panties in a bunch over it sometimes so I ask folks about why they're doing it.

Nice breakdown. Legit. I have no problem with anyone predicting a decision, or a close decision

I take issue with people predicting splits (or UDs, for the same reason). The only difference between a split and a UD is that one of the judges saw it differently than the other two and that seems nearly impossible to rationally predict. If someone thought they both knew how the fight was going to go AND thought they understood individual judge's scoring tendencies then fair play.

I've just never seen anyone with that kind of insight and information.

It's not a commandment, I just get my panties in a bunch over it sometimes so I ask folks about why they're doing it.

Understandable, ya was more about how I see the fight going then having any idea how the judges will score it.

Gotta say I really enjoyed the Faber montage of his career as well as everyone sharing their memories. Its a nice send off for the California Kid.

Was expecting Face the Pain instead of Baba O'Riley

I'm going to watch this on Deportes because I'm Drunk

looks like faber's sister didn't get any of faber's butt-chin manlet genetics

One last Faber guillotine.

I look forward to it.

Back