UFC on FOX 22 Payouts: Waterson $30K, Vanzant $43K

That's pretty horrendous. Dat reebok bonus doe..

snow.jpg

dana.gif

Dat Faber money tho

Last edited:
Not bad! Not bad at all. Good to see these women headlining cards, and getting paid.

I doubt Paige or Sage will be able to command those rates on their next contracts.

Michelle did pretty well once you factor in the Reebok and the $50k bonus. Good for her. If she can stay fit she's on a fast track to Joanna too.

for headlining a card that is pretty low , i know there are no PPV points for free to air shows but the main event should get a least a 6 figure pay check imo .

I doubt Paige or Sage will be able to command those rates on their next contracts.

Michelle did pretty well once you factor in the Reebok and the $50k bonus. Good for her.
Agreed on Paige and Sage.

pretty decent if you consider cage time for this fight.

Michelle did pretty well once you factor in the Reebok and the $50k bonus. Good for her. If she can stay fit she's on a fast track to Joanna too.

Well, the history did show us that rates have much more to them than just actual results. Uriah Faber is 4-4 in last 8 fights, and got paid handsomely, not even headlining. Whether or not the loss of hype around Sage makes it into his pay rates is beyond any of us. Hope he overcomes his fear of getting hit/taken to the ground. I think he can be a solid fighter, with time.

Good to see no one was paid below 10k. Really glad those times are past us.

I'm conflicted about the pay rates for women. On one hand, i do agree that they do not possess such drawing power, but still get a bit frustrated to see low to medium five figure numbers for them. That's pre-tax, covering all the freakin' expenses. I'm not in the states, so i don't know. But how much can Paige realistically get from that 40k after all the stuff she has to pay? Maybe 10-15-20k? 2-3 fights per year (if she's lucky with the matchmakers and no injuries occur). That's waaaay underpaid for a full time job (you can do until your mid 30's).

Unless Reebok thing becomes Reebok/soft drink/alcoholic drink/video game/telecom/vehicle thing, those numbers are insulting to the majority of fighters.

She is on her second fight, how much do you want her to be paid? 1 million?

GTFO

Waterson's much better looking, therefore her payday should be much bigger than PVZ's.

She is on her second fight, how much do you want her to be paid? 1 million?

GTFO
She headlined what appears to be the FOX show with the most viewers yet. More than $50k would be good.

That's peanuts for headlining a fox card. Should be a zero at the end of those numbers or at least a 1 before before them.

every body on the card deserves at least 20K/20K ... heck any UFC employed fighter should be on minimum 20/20. shouldnt be any lower than that.

Waterson and PVZ's base salary should have been higher. When you are headlining a card- be it a Fox card or whatever, you should be getting significantly more than that in my opinion.

Coolest thing about Saturday's card (and I'm not at all trying to discount Waterson's very impressive win) was Faber getting to go out on a high note. I like the notion that a legend like Faber walked away while he still was high level/had not really deteriorated.

Hahahahah!!!

Paige is really unpopular here..

Sherdog jimmy rustling = Good day...

Back