UFC on FOX 20 Ratings Peaked at 4.687 Million Viewers for Main Event

DoMeFavors

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
439_Holly_Holm_and_Valentina_Shevchenko.0.0.jpg

According to FOX Sports press release, the UFC on FOX 20 main card averaged 2.975 million viewers in the final ratings and the peak viewership of the broadcast came during the main event (10-10:15 p.m. ET) with 4.687 million viewers.

Other notes on the UFC on FOX 20 television ratings per FOX Sports press release:

• The viewership from Saturday’s UFC on FOX 20 card is up 29 percent over the April’s UFC on FOX 19 event (2.487 million viewers).
  • Saturday’s show ranks as FOX’s most-watched UFC telecast since January of 2015 and was FOX’s most-watched July UFC show to-date.
  • Saturday’s fight card ranks as the top-rated primetime telecast of the night among Adults 18-49 (1.1). Albuquerque delivered a huge 8.8/18 to lead all markets in support of hometown hero Holm. New Orleans placed second with a 3.7/6, while Las Vegas followed with a 3.4/6.
  • Earlier in the day, FOX’s presentation of the UFC on FOX 20 prelims from 6-8 p.m. ET averaged a 0.8/2 and 1.261 million viewers, off one-tenth from last year’s delivery of a 0.9/2 and 1.341 million.
  • The FS1 UFC on FOX 20 Post Fight Show averaged 222,000 viewers, making it the second most-watched of the four dedicated UFC on FOX post fight show to air on FS1 to-date.

http://themmareport.com/2016/07/rat...d-at-4-687-million-viewers-during-main-event/

Get rid of fs1 ufc and make all cards big fox

Those are some great numbers.

In before the haters.

not bad at all...i guess the avengers hype finally died down

That's a lot of casuals watching Holly get her ass whooped in the striking department where they all thought she was a goddess after watching her destroy Ronda striking.

These numbers are ridiculous and obviously made up. Every true MMA fan (posters who agree with me on Sherdog) knows that UFC is dying.
cover-ears-gif.gif
cover-ears-gif.gif

I remember when people were criticizing Holm main eventing over Gus and Rumble

Awesome.

Glad that Shevchenko brought something worth everyone tuning in for.

MMA star-making performance.

I do think Holly's fame after the fight with Ronda played a part in 196 being the huge draw it was (though Conor was obviously the biggest part). So it does make me wonder if 202 will do the same numbers without the presence of Holly or someone attached to Ronda in some way. It's obvious that a card with Conor and Ronda on it would do the biggest numbers, but that probably will never happen. Conor/Holly at 196 was the closest they ever got to it.

Seems weird. I didn't even know that was a card.

But, whatever, I'm out of touch.

Good, but who knows if casuals appreciated it afterwards. satisfaction post event also counts

Back