UFC on FOX 13: Junior dos Santos vs. Stipe Miocic PBP (Discussion)

Somebody might have already mentioned this. But in the post fight interview and in the press conference, Dana said that he didn't have a problem w/the officiating... that if it had been a 3 round fight, Miocic definitely would have won. All three judges gave Dos Santos two of the first three rounds, so if it would have been a three round fight like the old days, Dos Santos would still have won.

Somebody might have already mentioned this. But in the post fight interview and in the press conference, Dana said that he didn't have a problem w/the officiating... that if it had been a 3 round fight, Miocic definitely would have won. All three judges gave Dos Santos two of the first three rounds, so if it would have been a three round fight like the old days, Dos Santos would still have won.

Dana probably hadn't seen the scorecards.

I'm a huge fan of Rogan, but he called this fight like Miocic was his brother-in-law or he'd bet heavily against JDS. It was just odd.

I'm happy for JDS (I thought he eked out the fight), but he looked past his prime, and I'd like to see him retire in the near future while he still has his faculties.

Also (and this may have something to do with the way JDS fought) it looked like JDS broke his right hand on/before the first big punch. He looked at it or shook it after nearly every punch.

Hard to say for sure as to me it looked like he was pacing himself early on. You have to say as well that Cain exposed his poor defence against forward movement well before the beatings started.

Honestly my view was that besides showing ggood chin/heart neither guy came out of this fight looking great at all.

Dana probably hadn't seen the scorecards.

When Dana said he had no problem w/the scoring, it's a given that he hadn't seen the scorecards, since he said Miocic would have won a three rounder, and the judges would have had him unanimously losing it. I'm just wondering if somebody's gonna ask him about it, now that the scorecards are out. Trowbridge gave 2 of the first 3 to JDS(they all did, and he had the fight 49-46) and he's also the guy who scored it 49-46 for Lawler. I've been trying not to join the panic about MMA judging turning into the same farce as boxing... but all too often, it's the old and familiar names that turn in these ridiculous scorecards.

I'm a huge fan of Rogan, but he called this fight like Miocic was his brother-in-law or he'd bet heavily against JDS. It was just odd.

I agree with you there. I thought Rogan was heavily biased throughout the whole fight, which makes me think that it may have influenced some of the viewers who scored the fight for Stipe.

Maybe he was just expecting more from JDS - as you said, he did seem a shadow of his former self.

I wanted Miocic to win but it was definitely a 48-47 in favor of JDS. It wasn't a 49-46 like it was scored, that doesn't give Miocic the respect he deserved coming out of the fight.

I scored it as 1, 2, and 4 as clear rounds for Stipe. 3 was clearly JDS. 5 could a gone either way.

No matter the case JDS' s striking was very unimpressive.

Not sure who the UFC matches JDS with now, since there's no interest in Cain-JDS IV (but there might be in Werdum-JDS II if Werdum beats Cain) and JDS still seems to have enough to beat most of the other guys he hasn't faced yet. Browne? Overeem? Barnett? Arlovski? Silva? Rothwell? Mitrione?

Great fight but JDS 49-46 is just RIDICULOUS. I had Stipe 48-47 and I could see some calling it 48-47 JDS even though JDS looked like an elevator carrying Mark Hunt and Roy Nelson dropped on his head.

And cheers to Joanna Jedrzejczyk. She looked awesome in her fight and is the most exciting 115 I've seen by far. She will destroy Esparza so Carla better enjoy that belt while she has it. And Joanna showed a ton of class after the fight too despite that brutal cheap shop after the bell from Gadelha. Will she recieve the same punishment Paul Daley did after he cheap shotted Koscheck. Anyways glad to see Gadelha lose that decision especially after that cheap shot. Go Joanna Jedrzejczyk

Back