UFC on Fox 12 main event to be announced today or tomorrow

That purist mindset is fair, but the UFC has clearly shown that's not how they do business. Brown definitely deserves a higher ranked opponent and I would be happy with Lawler too. I would just love to see the Diaz match.

Lawler said in his interview with Ariel that he hasn't been home in 8 weeks and hasn't seen much of his family and wants to rest for a little while. Lawler/Brown makes sense but I don't think the UFC makes that fight for the San Jose card, even though it would be a great main event

Id love to see Diaz vs Brown because Im going to this and that main event would have the arena rocking
Also I think it would be a better more competitive fight
Lawler walks through Brown

Too many events, not enough healthy fighters, or high level fighters to fill up these cards.

Cormier vs Rumble (main event)
lil nog vs TBD for co main

I know that's a quick turnaround for Cormier but fighters use to do that all the time. I admit I didn't watch last nights fight as I was at work so i'm not sure how much damage he took but if it wasn't much he should fight. The last thing DC needs to do is wait until super bowl weekend waiting for Jones vs Gus winner and getting fat between fights!

Cormier took less than 0.0 damage last night

Cormier vs Rumble (main event)
lil nog vs TBD for co main

I know that's a quick turnaround for Cormier but fighters use to do that all the time. I admit I didn't watch last nights fight as I was at work so i'm not sure how much damage he took but if it wasn't much he should fight. The last thing DC needs to do is wait until super bowl weekend waiting for Jones vs Gus winner and getting fat between fights!

Dude, DC must have said like....31 times since yesterday that he would WAIT for his shot and that he totally feels he deserves it already.

Why do you even take the time to consider him fighting a BEAST like Rumble in 8 week when he already has a fight scheduled vs Lil Nog?

We both know DC vs Rumble wont headline Fox 12, no way

Ideally it will be Diaz vs. Brown but in reality, I can see Diaz turning it down and Brown fighting Lawler, but perhaps not on FOX 12.

No idea who the main event will be.

I'm predicting Luke Rockhold to be part of the main event.

They should just book Akiyama to stand in the cage for 25 minutes as the main event

I'm predicting Luke Rockhold to be part of the main event.

Apparently Rockhold either has a fight already set for September or he's looking to come back then.

They're apparently dead set against Lil Nog vs Rumble headlining. I wonder if we're looking at something like Tim Kennedy vs Yoel Romero.

Apparently Rockhold either has a fight already set for September or he's looking to come back then.

Rockhold was on mmajunkie radio two days ago and said nothing is ready for him. His toe is still broken but he was aiming to be back in September. He wanted Bisping or Vitor, so who knows.

I really have my doubts that they would do Luke vs Vitor II this soon but you never know

Belfort/Rockhold
Lawler/Brown
Jacare/Rockhold

Take your pick.

I'm thinking Matt Brown vs. Thiago Alves or Rumble/Lil Nog gets promoted to main event.

Matt Brown vs Saffiedine, but the first one deserves better

Back