UFC on ESPN + pacing

chrisdiaz

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has any info on the pacing for the ufc on espn+ cards. Currently the FS1 cards and up until the main card PPVS all have a strict schedule.

1 1/2 to 2hours for the pre-prelims (this would be your fightpass fights, which to my understanding are moving to espn+) there are usually 3-4 fights here

2 hours for your FS1 prelims which to my understanding are moving to big espn for some reason. 4 fights here.

Then you have the main card.

My question is, will the pacing ever be better for these cards? especially the main card? Will it move at a quicker pace like PPV's or will we be stuck with the same format of 4 fights in 2 hours? The fightpass exclusive cards move at a better pace not being on network tv so im wondering if this will improve with the move to a digital service.
@FrankieNYC Any news on this? or are we stuck with 7 hour long cards forever? Discuss.

At least its not Bellator level of pacing

They take year breaks between fights

I realize I'm in the minority in this one.

I don't care about the pacing. Doesn't bother me at all.

UFC done fooked up with the ESPN deal

ESPN is hemorrhaging money. Now all the FS1 free fights will be paid streaming on ESPN +

Don't think this is a wise business decision as they won't pick up any new fans and already fans most likely won't pay for ESPN +

lNUh0uV.gif

I actually enjoy it.

Watch a fight, read twitter reactions and troll in the PBP a bit, or play a match on the ps4 inbetween fights... Fix my drinks, roll one up, eat a little bit.

I actually enjoy watching the events. I dont get these people that want to get it over as fast as possible. Do you even like MMA?!

Last edited:
lNUh0uV.gif

I actually enjoy it.

Watch a fight, read twitter reactions and troll in the PBP a bit, or play a match on the ps4 inbetween fights... Fix my drinks, eat a little bit.

I actually enjoy watching the events. I dont get these people that want to get it over as fast as possible. Do you even like MMA?!
giphy.gif

lNUh0uV.gif

I actually enjoy it.

Watch a fight, read twitter reactions and troll in the PBP a bit, or play a match on the ps4 inbetween fights... Fix my drinks, eat a little bit.

I enjoy the fights not all the commercials inbetween. Fell asleep before main so many times because of this haha. Now the pride events was something else. Watched the whole thing. They had great backstage videos etc. Ufc is c level compared to it

You probably have a life so you watch it with friends and hang out during the fights

Unlike these basement dwellers that watch on their computers in their moms basement alone and sad

UFC done fooked up with the ESPN deal

ESPN is hemorrhaging money. Now all the FS1 free fights will be paid streaming on ESPN +

Don't think this is a wise business decision as they won't pick up any new fans and already fans most likely won't pay for ESPN +
Its like $5

You must not live on the east coast. It can be brutal for some fight nights.

Last edited:
The pacing sucks when watching by yourself. I enjoy the breaks when out for events

I enjoy the fights not all the commercials inbetween. Fell asleep before main so many times because of this haha. Now the pride events was something else. Watched the whole thing. They had great backstage videos etc. Ufc is c level compared to it

Why dont you just start watching 30 minutes after the first fight? Then you can skip the commercials and dead time.

Is the fight library moving to ESPN+, or will you still need Fight Pass for that?

Why dont you just start watching 30 minutes after the first fight? Then you can skip the commercials and dead time.
Its already starting 4 in the morning where i am so no. + streaming it illegally does not help. Stopped paying for events after wmma and usada got forced on us

Why? U dvr?

No DVR. I prefer watching live to avoid spoilers.

I don't mind the pacing. I can get some stuff done while the fights are going on.

Plus I go to alot of events live and the breaks are nice to walk around, get some food, etc.

Back