UFC on ESPN 7 pre-fight discussion

MMA4Life

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I'm intrigued by a few fights on the card
Overreem VS Rozenstruik
- Overeem possesses a great skillset for a HW .He's had a long and epic career. But Rozenstruik has dynamite in his hands and the Reem is not known for being durable. Rozenstruik just slept Arlovski in 29 seconds and Crowder in 9 seconds in his previous fight. Still hoping Overeem can avoid being the iconic Vet being KTFO to boost Rozenstruik's name. Hopefully Reem clinches early and tries to take it to the mat. I just don't see that happening. No gifs needed Overeem has plenty of KO power and can provide them in a variety of ways.
VagueCreamyFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif

Condit VS Gall
-Condit doesn't "need" this win. His legacy is already cemented. But myself and all of his fans would not like Condit to go out via a submission loss to Gall. Hopefully he has just enough left to outclass Gall.

Yadong VS Geraldode Freitas Jr.
- Yadong is an exciting fighter to watch. I guess Cody Stamann had to pull out from this fight. Or UFC.com is off. I don't know much about his opponent but my gut says this will be an action packed bout.
giphy.gif

-Struve VS Rothwell. I thought Struve should have retired after his submission of de Lima and go out with a win, but that's his call what do I know.

-Rothwell is on a 3 fight skid but nonetheless he hasn't been getting KTFO or subbed and likely wants to win this one badly and prove he still belongs. Two Vets. It could be entertaining.

Aspen Ladd VS Yana Kunitskaya
- Ladd should bounce back and smash Yana on ground.

Not an amazing Fight Night but Condit and Overeem are fighting so I will be tuning in.
Thought? Predictions? Can Overeem get the job done. Does Condit have anything left in the tank?

Condit out with an injury. I expect an early KO for Jairzinho. He has little mma experience compared to Overeem, but he has 6x the kickboxing experience.

Condit pulled out and it’s best for him, gall was gonna beat his ass.

Think Overeem wins quite easily. Early td to sub or g&p for Reem.

I'm sure Rothwell will finish Struve.

Odds for Reem and Rozenstruik according to bestfightodds.com
Reem -120
Rozenstruik -110

This really surprised me.

Thought? Predictions? Can Overeem get the job done. Does Condit have anything left in the tank?

Overeem capabilities have degraded, not sure whether he is more cagey or economical or whatever but he doesn't aggressively go for the clinch+knees and takedowns or put alot effort in them like he used to. If Rozenstruik is a volume striker, he's going to be alot of trouble for Overeem.

Looking forward to aspen ladd losing. although i won't waste my time watching her.

YJXqISO.gif

Overeem capabilities have degraded, not sure whether he is more cagey or economical or whatever but he doesn't aggressively go for the clinch+knees and takedowns or put alot effort in them like he used to. If Rozenstruik is a volume striker, he's going to be alot of trouble for Overeem.

Hes not and he has no ground game that we know of.

Reem just steamroller Pavlovich and he hits hard AF, has a good ground game and was a more highly touted prospect than Jairzinho.

Do not count Reem out.

Besides that Yadong vs Starman Is the best fight. Song is a legit contender.

Back