UFC on ESPN 5 Covington vs Lawler PBP/Discussion

5-1 today. About to risk it all on the under for Colby Lawler.

Catch you boys on the other side
Play risky af but i like it. Robbie by ko early or colby by lateee finish are likely. Colby by dec might fuck it tho

Lol that was quick. Wasn't playing that one, could've ended in many different ways

I don't really dislike Colby for his trash talk, it's all part of the game.

I'm just a Lawler fan. So I'd love to see him win.

Realistically, Colby should take this. It'll be a breakout fight for him(I know he beat RDA, but not in front of an audience this big).

I dont care about Colbys mouth. I just dont think hes very good and Lawler is the definition of MMA. Colby has the great equalizer though, strong wrestler are always hard to deal with barring a 5 second flying knee.

Herb is shook from the Lawler Askren incident.

I'm feeling a quick ko next. Small on robbie 1st rd and colby on parlay

Great matchup by the UFC. Old vets should get matched up with old vets more often. Bellator gets it.

Robbie now +260

honestly laughable being on the wrong side of every fight both ML and over unders.

Chasing Robbie R1

Was shaping up for a fun fight, nice submission.

Tiny bit of a late stoppage with him being out, but I don't mind it too much with blood chokes - a few seconds for the benefit of the doubt isn't dangerous - I think Guida's arm was a bit stiffer than completely limp (probably cos Miller had his leg digging over his arm) so he checked a couple of times giving Guida a chance to move rather than immediately stop it, with the Giles fight he was just the wrong side to miss the initial tap.

Robbie round 1 would be beautiful for me now. I'd take r2 also, but r1 is the dream.

Maybe Trump tweeted just to move the line and bet Lawler.

Great matchup by the UFC. Old vets should get matched up with old vets more often. Bellator gets it.

You only match up old vets with younger fighters in their primes when you're looking to really push and promote the latter. Or when it's an older fighter who still legitimately has it.

The UFC (whose match-making has been astoundingly terrible since Joe Silva retired; Mick Maynard and Sean Shelby are Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum) doesn't grasp this, so they trot out veteran after veteran to be embarrassed and exposed by a much younger fighter.

Occasionally they luck out (Faber vs. Simon, Sanchez vs. Gall), but the vast majority of times it's just sad, and the loss is to some middle-of-the-pack younger fighter, not a future contender.

Back