UFC on ESPN 4: Dos Anjos vs. Edwards PBP Discussion: 6:00 p.m. ET/3:00 p.m. PT

He's not making that cut his body has adapted he's old won't happen he lost all 5 rounds very clearly stop it.

No offensive wrestling. No KO ability. No boxing just wild hook counters. Zero subs or top control. He's got nothing left. Nothing, for anyone, unless you're an unranked can and have absolutely zero TDD. He looked sloppy, slow, horrible, dominated in grappling, he should call it a career.

I agree he probably won't be returning to 55, but the rest of that is knee jerk

He does??? :eek: Six of his last eight have been decisions and one of his finishes was overturned because you know. Dude is the new GSP.

Decisions don't mean you're not an exciting fighter. The only fights in that span that were boring as much because of Jones as his opponent were Santos and OSP. Smith was too but only because Smith just turtled up and refused to fight.

Wtf are you laughing at? Dana will milk those names Dry. Then cut them. You moron. I said the same with Mark Hunt against the guy I just called to get killed in the 1st round. Was I wrong then? Where is he now? Dumb motherfucker.. you don't understand this game.

Decisions don't mean you're not an exciting fighter. The only fights in that span that were boring as much because of Jones as his opponent were Santos and OSP. Smith was too but only because Smith just turtled up and refused to fight.

Five round snoozefests are five round snoozefests. If you bash Edwards for winning in too boring a fashion you have to call out Jones and others for doing the same. Okay, you don't *have* to but not doing so might get you a certain label.

I agree he probably won't be returning to 55, but the rest of that is knee jerk
Was it knee jerk when I said no matter what Rose and Gus will both lose and retire after the fight? Shut up. I'm allowed to say these things, because I'm never fucking wrong. It's called Above Reproach. My record speaks for itself. Who tf are you?

Five round snoozefests are five round snoozefests. If you bash Edwards for winning in too boring a fashion you have to call out Jones and others for doing the same. Okay, you don't *have* to but not doing so might get you a certain label.

Like I said, I was bashing Jones plenty for playing it safe in the Santos fight. I simply said Edwards wasn't doing himself any favors fighting like that if he wants to move up the food chain. Fighters trying to move up need to do things to get noticed where champions have already been there, done that. I think that's exactly why so many of them fight different when they become champs. They too often fight not to lose what they already have.

Leon might have gotten the Masvidal fight he wants if he had put on an exciting performance. If Jorge doesn't get a title shot that is. I doubt anyone would think about matching them up now.

Oh, look. Masvidal already responded to Edwards and it's exactly what I expected:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/masvidal-responds.3989499/

Dana should give Edwards Point-Fight of the night reward.
No, that goes to FUCKING HERNANDEZ! YOU LOST YOU FUCKING COWARD! MMMM ENJOY THAT HOMETOWN COOKING. YOU'LL BE GONE IN NO TIME.

Like I said, I was bashing Jones plenty for playing it safe in the Santos fight. I simply said Edwards wasn't doing himself any favors fighting like that if he wants to move up the food chain. Fighters trying to move up need to do things to get noticed where champions have already been there, done that. I think that's exactly why so many of them fight different when they become champs. They too often fight not to lose what they already have.

Leon might have gotten the Masvidal fight he wants if he had put on an exciting performance. If Jorge doesn't get a title shot that is. I doubt anyone would think about matching them up now.

Conor is NOT fighting Masvidal, which means his only choices are waiting around for something that'll never happen or taking the Edwards fight which is the only other one that makes sense. People are acting like Edwards is the only point fighter on the roster because the awfulness of this card is clouding their judgement right now. The way he fought in the main event is actually NORMAL by UFC main event standards.

No, that goes to FUCKING HERNANDEZ! YOU LOST YOU FUCKING COWARD! MMMM ENJOY THAT HOMETOWN COOKING. YOU'LL BE GONE IN NO TIME.

No, Hernandez wins the Karate stance award.

Conor is NOT fighting Masvidal, which means his only choices are waiting around for something that'll never happen or taking the Edwards fight which is the only other one that makes sense. People are acting like Edwards is the only point fighter on the roster because the awfulness of this card is clouding their judgement right now. The way he fought in the main event is actually NORMAL by UFC main event standards.

Jorge's manager was saying he'd only accept a title fight or a fight with Conor. As if Conor would give him the time of day. I would like to see Masvidal fight Edwards too but that performance Edwards put on simply isn't going to turn anyone's head. Masvidal is riding high right now. Why would he fight Leon at this time any more than Conor would fight him?

Jorge's manager was saying he'd only accept a title fight or a fight with Conor. As if Conor would give him the time of day. I would like to see Masvidal fight Edwards too but that performance Edwards put on simply isn't going to turn anyone's head. Masvidal is riding high right now. Why would he fight Leon at this time any more than Conor would fight him?

Um, because Masvidal doesn't have anywhere near the stroke Conor has would be my guess. He's still among the group who fights anyone Dana says.

Sherdog.com thinks RDA was robbed.

24o4wbd.jpg

eitu1v.jpg

Salty, tis should have been a draw.
Also it was RDAs fight to lose, he should have used his kicks more. Or attack more from his guard, because Edwards wasn't really doing anything with them takedowns.

Back