UFC on ESPN+ 34 Overeem vs Harris Official Bets

May be an unpopular opinion but I don't think Yadong nor Gadelha decisions were controversial, and I LB Hill ML +500 and DEC +750.

Come on, man. Over half the media and 65% of fans had it for Vera; that's at the very least "controversial".

And 13/17 media and 78% of fans had it for Hill; most would call that a "robbery".

Hell, it even fits the definition of MMADecisions' "Top 10 Robberies of the Year", although there will be plenty of stiff competition this year.

Come on, man. Over half the media and 65% of fans had it for Vera; that's at the very least "controversial".

And 13/17 media and 78% of fans had it for Hill; most would call that a "robbery".

Hell, it even fits the definition of MMADecisions' "Top 10 Robberies of the Year", although there will be plenty of stiff competition this year.

We all agree Yadong won round 1 or should. Round 2 Yadong won. Round 3 was clear Vera. I don’t see the controversy. Claudia was clear round 1. Round 2 was Hill. Round 3 was close. Claudia landed a hard elbow. Probably the hardest shot of the round in a tight round. That’s not a robbery when it’s down to one round and someone doesn’t drop or hurt another. Barboza not winning rounds 1 and 2 unanimously on damage alone is a robbery.

We all agree Yadong won round 1 or should. Round 2 Yadong won. Round 3 was clear Vera.

Who is this "we", kemosabe? I had Vera winning Round 1, Round 2, and 3. 30-27. Notice, however, I didn't use that in my post. Because it doesn't matter. Rather, I used MMADecisions as an indicator, since it pools all the media members and fans together.

"But I didn't think it was a robbery!" is a subjective, utterly irrelevant argument. You're not a judge and you don't represent the majority.

"Most MMA media outlets and 65% of fans scored it for Vera" is not only objective, but highly relevant to what most people thought happened in the fight.

I thought Dong won but close. Close doesnt mean robbery, Barboza very clear 29-28 and didnt watch the wmma fight.

Chito busted up China Dongs face. Mounted him twice and landed significant strikes both times. Held the dominant position in the grappling exchanges and blocked the majority of Dongs heavy strikes in round 2/3.

Vera won clear as day. Even Dong though he lost which is why he took his time picking himself up off the canvas after round 3, meanwhile Chito was bouncing around with his hands up because he knew he won.

May be an unpopular opinion but I don't think Yadong nor Gadelha decisions were controversial, and I LB Hill ML +500 and DEC +750.
I agree. Nothing crazy about the Song decision, Vera was eating shots like crazy i nthe second, he won the third.
I live bet Hill after round 2 and I thought she might have given away the third with Gadelhas power.

Thought Nate the train was a bigger robbery, and Barboza was the biggest head scratcher of the lot.

Who is this "we", kemosabe? I had Vera winning Round 1, Round 2, and 3. 30-27. Notice, however, I didn't use that in my post. Because it doesn't matter. Rather, I used MMADecisions as an indicator, since it pools all the media members and fans together.

"But I didn't think it was a robbery!" is a subjective, utterly irrelevant argument. You're not a judge and you don't represent the majority.

"Most MMA media outlets and 65% of fans scored it for Vera" is not only objective, but highly relevant to what most people thought happened in the fight.

“Most MMA media outlets”...I’d like to see the entire list, make sure everyone of them is listed, and then offer an official count as opposed to using “most.” Which could easily mean 99 to 98 and in that case, doesn’t support your argument that well if we are going to play the precision of language game. 65% of fans that were polled...not 65% of all fans also. Highly subjective.

My thoughts on the decisions for whatever they are worth:

Nate/Elkins: Close fight, not a robbery but can see why Elkins backers were irritated. I bet Nate ML and dec due partially to the fact that Elkins fac always looks like that and it will sway the judges.
Song/Vera: I thought Vera won. I had Song rd 1 close, Vera rd 2 close, Vera rd 3 clear. Robbery...IDK. I try to save that word for more extreme cases. But man I really thought Vera won it.
Barboza beat Ige, and I had Ige ML and dec. He didn't win that fight. Barboza rd 1 clear, Barboza rd 2 close-ish but somewhat clear, Ige rd 3 clear.
Hill/Claudia-Really think Hill won. Again...maybe not a "robbery" but it was skirting the edges of one if nothing else.

“Most MMA media outlets”...I’d like to see the entire list, make sure everyone of them is listed, and then offer an official count as opposed to using “most.” Which could easily mean 99 to 98 and in that case, doesn’t support your argument that well if we are going to play the precision of language game. 65% of fans that were polled...not 65% of all fans also. Highly subjective.

Do you understand the difference between "subjective" and "objective"? "6 out of 10 people stated they prefer eating apples to oranges" is not in any way subjective. Personal opinion or value never factors into it, even if what is being objectively measured is fundamentally subjective.

Otherwise, election results would be "subjective", too.

As for the list of outlets, quit being lazy and juvenile and look it up yourself. It's on MMADecisions.

I thought Song took the first and the second, I had money on Song and I wasn't really sweating the decision.

I thought Hill won 2 rounds, and I thought Barboza won also.

Back