UFC on ESPN 3 bumped off ESPN for College Softball

I don't care if its only $5/month, I am not giving ESPN a fucking dime until they get their shit together.

This exactly.. fight pass is 100x better.

They were scared to go up against the Crockett Cup

the-crockett-cup-800x1280fit.jpg

What are you talking about? They chose to move the fight and replace it with softball.
Two different decisions:

1) they chose to move the event
later
2) they filled the spot

Two different decisions. Not one. Stop conflating them.

They had no reason to move it other than they dont really believe in the product.

They apparently determined it wasn't ESPN ready without the main event they originally planned. Again, saying it's stupid to move an event because the main event changed is a legitimate argument. Is that the argument you're making?

Two different decisions:

later
2) they filled the spot

Two different decisions. Not one.
The card has a former NFL player on it, that should bring in ratings alone. They chose to move the event cause they wouldnt get the the viewership they wanted and determined college softball would get better ratings. Thats the only decision that was made here.

They wouldnt move something already scheduled and just throw darts at the wall to pick something else. They are in the buisness of viewership.

Well, when you got college softball players looking like this . . .

KU3_display_image.jpg

63_display_image.jpg

picture_display_image.jpg

. . . I can see why

They chose to move the event cause they wouldnt get the the viewership they wanted and determined college softball would get better ratings. Thats the only decision that was made here.
lol NO, THEY DID NOT!!!

Maybe you need to to look up the definition of 'false equivalence' and 'conflate' to understand my point?

Looks like we won't get anywhere. Have a nice day.

lol NO, THEY DID NOT!!!

Maybe you need to to look up the definition of 'false equivalence' and 'conflate' to understand my point?

Looks like we won't get anywhere. Have a nice day.
how do you think the meeting went mr online genius?

"well take the ufc off air and figure out something later that will bring in equivalent or better ratings later"

No they planned what would replace it at the time. They wouldnt just remove something and not have a plan to have something replace it. You sound like your a 5 year old who wants to run away when they have nothing else to say.

You guys must not know how huge softball is, do you?

It's not huge....at all.

Two different decisions:

later
2) they filled the spot

Two different decisions. Not one. Stop conflating them.

They apparently determined it wasn't ESPN ready without the main event they originally planned. Again, saying it's stupid to move an event because the main event changed is a legitimate argument. Is that the argument you're making?
exactly. i don't know why people are so dense. they want to save the ESPN proper content for bigger events. it's like putting a FS1 card on FOX. that's the business decision, not to replace it with something else.

I haven’t liked the ESPN+ era, as far as start times have been going. Thankfully being in Canada we don’t have to deal with any of this other multiple channel stuff.
As a European I love the ESPN era

earlier start times, faster pacing, can actually get to bed by 3am instead of main card only just starting then

You can watch everything through ESPN+ and they do let you rewind or start from the beginning. As far as that goes, its been pretty good.

Then why are people constantly bitching about this stuff?

exactly. i don't know why people are so dense. they want to save the ESPN proper content for bigger events. it's like putting a FS1 card on FOX. that's the business decision, not to replace it with something else.
I will respond to you what I responded to him with. How do you think the discussion went in the boardroom to remove the programming?

"well take the ufc off air and figure out something later that will bring in equivalent or better ratings later"

Funny, eh?

I don't know for a fact, but it's logical that ESPN gets a finite number of events on ESPN vs ESPN+. If so, they chose to save that one spot for a future event, with a main event they think will bring people. All pretty logical....and a level of depth TS simply doesn't seem willing to entertain.

Not to mention, in my region ESPN is not showing softball. That tells me they changed the slot from national to regional. Another level of depth TS isn't willing to entertain.

All in all, a very thoughtless thread. Oh well :) what's one more?

How progressive and brave of ESPN to give these Strong, Independent Womyn a platform! Who cares about that ugly, brute "sport" enjoyed mostly by WHITE MALES.

Meryl Streep would be proud!

I wonder how ESPN feels about UFC now. They obviously overpaid now are locked in contract for 7 years

Last edited:
next logical step is to get bumped for a pre-recorded British darts tournament

Funny, eh?

I don't know for a fact, but it's logical that ESPN gets a finite number of events on ESPN vs ESPN+. If so, they chose to save that one spot for a future event, with a main event they think will bring people. All pretty logical....and a level of depth TS simply doesn't seem willing to entertain.

Not to mention, in my region ESPN is not showing softball. That tells me they left the slot open to regional areas. Another level of depth TS isn't willing to entertain.

All in all, a very thoughtless thread. Oh well :)
Your points are valid. It doesnt mean mine arent.

Heres the bottom line though, cable channels exist for viewership to sell commercials. It makes no business sense to remove something that would potentially get better viewership for something that wouldnt. Its not like they cant make more ufc cards.

What are you talking about? They chose to move the fight and replace it with softball. If they thought UFC would get better ratings, they would leave that on there. They had no reason to move it other than they dont really believe in the product.

Or maybe after the main event fell through they didnt want to waste one of their 10 ESPN shows on this card? But derp derp ESPN doesnt believe in UFC despite them doing good ratings so far.

This place gets dumber by the day.

Back