UFC on ESPN 3 bumped off ESPN for College Softball

chrisdiaz

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I dont understand this. The prelims stay on ESPN but the main card is on ESPN+? I get that they want subscribers but getting bumped for COLLEGE SOFTBALL?!? is kinda embarrassing. I made a joke about getting bumped for cornhole but this is almost just as bad.

EDIT: For those saying they didnt replace it with softball...ESPN decided it was better for commercials and viewership to replace it with something else. Cable channels are built on selling commercial slots. No viewers=cheap commercials.

Last edited:
Dana says this is the FUTURE of fighting

<36>

I haven’t liked the ESPN+ era, as far as start times have been going. Thankfully being in Canada we don’t have to deal with any of this other multiple channel stuff.

I haven’t liked the ESPN+ era, as far as start times have been going. Thankfully being in Canada we don’t have to deal with any of this other multiple channel thing.
You can watch everything through ESPN+ and they do let you rewind or start from the beginning. As far as that goes, its been pretty good.

The great 'Cornhole Mania' came on after the prelims i was watching lmao

Professional Horseshoe throwing FTW!

@helax

You can watch everything through ESPN+ and they do let you rewind or start from the beginning. As far as that goes, its been pretty good.
Yeah it has it's pros and cons. For 5 bucks a month it's solid though...and they carry every college basketball team so you can watch any of the prospects

Overall i kinda like it...some good old ufc events too, nowhere near fightpass but enough to get by

Great decision by ESPN

This proves how lowly of a sport MMA really is.

You're not being very clear here.

They moved the main event from ESPN to ESPN+ weeks ago after the planned Main Event fell through. At that time the had nothing to fill the spot with, but did it anyways.

Weeks later, they filled that spot. With something. Anything.

You make it sound like they prefer softball to MMA. That is a false equivalence.

If you think it was dumb to move the event to ESPN+ simply because the main event changed, that's a valid argument.

Guess MMA and the UFC aren't really as big as some of us think. We're getting bumped off for college softball, I didn't even know they televised that...

<6>

Great decision. No one was going to watch that. Some 40 something year old grappler vs who? And on Endgame weekend? No.

These are the type of fights that Plus was made for.

I don't care if its only $5/month, I am not giving ESPN a fucking dime until they get their shit together.

You're not being very clear here.

They moved the main event from ESPN to ESPN+ weeks ago after the planned Main Event fell through. At that time the had nothing to fill the spot with, but did it anyways.

Weeks later, they filled that spot. With something. Anything.

You make it sound like they prefer softball to MMA. That is a false equivalence.

If you think it was dumb to move the event to ESPN+ simply because the main event changed, that's a valid argument.
What are you talking about? They chose to move the fight and replace it with softball. If they thought UFC would get better ratings, they would leave that on there. They had no reason to move it other than they dont really believe in the product.

Mike Perry and Greg Hardy getting buried on The Plus

Neck and neck with soccer

The future of fighting

Soon....

1*hUUFbRLGWSdmsVtrQG9Wlw.png

Back