PBP UFC on ESPN 27: Sandhagen vs. Dillashaw - PBP Discussion: 4:00 p.m ET/1:00 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't like the guy, but I was impressed with his toughness. Zero quit in him.
TJ left us as the "Loma of MMA". It shows serious scope that he could change it up so much and turn into the equivalent of a Mexican brawler.

Im definitely not seeing the same levels of dominance he once had, never remember him getting that beat up, but it's hard to count him out vs Aljo or Yan with that level of grit.

Missed the event due to power outage :( It's been stormy this past week. Will try to watch it this evening. Thanks for the mention. Hope you guys enjoyed the fights. Keep safe
Some great fights, and one of the worst robberies I have seen in a long time.

TJ left us as the "Loma of MMA". It shows serious scope that he could change it up so much and turn into the equivalent of a Mexican brawler.

Im definitely not seeing the same levels of dominance he once had, never remember him getting that beat up, but it's hard to count him out vs Aljo or Yan with that level of grit.
Yeah he's still a contender.

Robbery is a word. It's a communiction tool. I'm using it to communicate the fact that Cory's win was robbed from him. Don't be religious to the dictionary. Respond to what people mean, not just the words they use to convey that meaning.
I was under the impression that everyone understood that a “robbery” in combat sports was when the fighter who clearly lost gets a gifted decision because of bad judging. It’s not his win. There were rounds that were very tough to call, not a clear consensus.

You should check out the striking stats of this fight then.
They were a lot more competitive, Sandhagen obviously landed more but it wasn't a complete beating. TJ controlled the clinching exchanges, landed some solid leg kicks and punches of his own. I don't agree with the decision but it was fair for it to go either way based on their criteria of octagon control. TJ was pushing the fight.

upload_2021-7-24_23-19-36.png

Offical Card even says Sandhagen won 4 of the criteria while Dildoshaw only won 3.
However the offical card is also wrong in that Sandhagen had a KD in the 2nd round,
So in reality 5 to 3 critera won by sandhagen--
The fix was in - UFC pulled some favors tonight for TJ - cant have s superstar flop on their debut comeback if they can help it because it means more $$ on fights down the road.

They were a lot more competitive, Sandhagen obviously landed more but it wasn't a complete beating. TJ controlled the clinching exchanges, landed some solid leg kicks and punches of his own. I don't agree with the decision but it was fair for it to go either way based on their criteria of octagon control. TJ was pushing the fight.

Damage is literally the most important metric. Blasting his face and wrecking his knee is way more important than hugging and missing wild punches.

View attachment 869863

Offical Card even says Sandhagen won 4 of the criteria while Dildoshaw only won 3.
However the offical card is also wrong in that Sandhagen had a KD in the 2nd round,
So in reality 5 to 3 critera won by sandhagen--
The fix was in - UFC pulled some favors tonight for TJ - cant have s superstar flop on their debut comeback if they can help it because it means more $$ on fights down the road.

Lol

I was under the impression that everyone understood that a “robbery” in combat sports was when the fighter who clearly lost gets a gifted decision because of bad judging. It’s not his win. There were rounds that were very tough to call, not a clear consensus.

Na narrative and perspective rule these realms. Common sense has been banished for ages...

Missed the event due to power outage :( It's been stormy this past week. Will try to watch it this evening. Thanks for the mention. Hope you guys enjoyed the fights. Keep safe

oh hey enjoy!

Na narrative and perspective rule these realms. Common sense has been banished for ages...
I know but I am going to keep operating as if they do, and maybe some day they will

corey-sandhagen-knees-tj-dillashaw-in-their-bantamweight-fight-during-picture-id1330458527

Last edited:
Who was the brunette sitting next to Sean Shelby all night?

I had Sandhagen winning but TJ fought his guys out. Much respect to the guy.

Back