PBP UFC on ESPN 27: Sandhagen vs. Dillashaw - PBP Discussion: 4:00 p.m ET/1:00 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol TJ took him down at multiple occasions, butchered his leg, landed most of the shots back, and controlled him against the fence all the time.
He did score on the legs but not to a debilitating extent, and it is overly hyperbolic to suggest he "controlled him against the fence all the time". TJ was rocked 4 times, his face was busted open for 20 minutes, never came close to a finish or a sub, the rounds he "he won" (aside from the 3rd) were toss ups and Cory was happy to allow TJ to "take his back" as he was no threat. It all comes down to if you value hugging or ass kicking more. Just look at their faces.

Yeah, I thought tj won.

I thought it was 2-2 going into the last round

I just realize I made a mistake in the message you quoted. I meant that the cut made people think that Sandhagen was hurting TJ more than he really was. I was fine with either man winning the fight, but people acting like Sandhagen was robbed are crazy. You can't go tit for tat on the feet, then get controlled for 8 minutes and then complain when you lose. It's hard to ignore 8 minutes of control time.

66% of media members gave it to Sandhagen

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/12163/T.J.-Dillashaw-vs-Cory-Sandhagen

48-47's across the board
So pretty much 2/3'rds to a tee. Makes sense to me. I get why two judges gave it to TJ with the scoring criteria, but Cory was the clear winner of the fight to me. Serious GSP v Big Rigg vibes to me, albeit not as much a robbery. The parts of the fight Cory won, he won big, where as the parts where TJ won were very close. Not very often you see a guy get rocked 4 times in a fight, get busted up so badly, not endanger or rock the other guy and come out with the decision.

And of course the media gave it overwhelmingly to Corey. A lot of people on here blinded by Tj's pressure.

Easy round to score. Have you heard yourself? 'if you understand the sport', div. At the end of the round Dillashaw was on top landing and he got a takedown in the round
I scored it for TJ. But wanted Sandhagen to execute him. I also see a draw somewhat.

Back